Chapter 16

Frisk and his new brothers continued to eat their food. Papyrus dominated most of the conversation as usual, but no one cared.

"Frisk, what do you want to name your children?" Papyrus asked out of nowhere.

"Woah, Pap," Sans said in amusement. "It's a bit soon to think of that now. Isn't it? He's 10."

"I know, but I'm curious. Frisk, do you think you'll continue the tradition of giving your firstborn an FR name?"

Frisk, after thinking for a moment, said, "I haven't really thought about it, but probably. I know it would make my Dad happy."

"Oooh, what will you name your kid if he's a boy?" Papyrus asked in between bites.

Frisk replied, "I don't know. How about Franz? I've always thought it was a cool-sounding name and it rhymes with Sans."

"I like it," Sans said obviously feeling very flattered.

"A cool name for a cool guy."

"Wait a minute!" Papyrus yelled. "You'll name your firstborn after Sans but not after me?"

"Well, there aren't any FR names that rhyme with Papyrus…" Frisk began.

"I'm the firstborn brother, bro," Sans interrupted with a smile. "I get dibs."

"That is so unfair," Papyrus said. "Couldn't you invent a new name, Frisk? How about if your kid is a girl you name her Frapyrus?!"

"That isn't a real name, Papyrus," Frisk said.

"He's got a point, Pap," Sans said.

"I know," Papyrus said after thinking for a moment. "How about you choose a name that sounds close to my name? Are there any names like that on the surface?"

Frisk chugged down some more orange juice while he thought about it, but not many options were coming to mind.

"Well, I could name her Frappe," Frisk said. "But that's the word for the fancy iced coffee they sell at…"

"That name is perfect," Papyrus said. "I absolutely love it! She will be the coolest girl to ever walk the earth!"

"But, Papyrus…" Frisk started to complain.

"It's best to let it go, kid," Sans said.

Papyrus was bouncing up and down in giddiness just think about his future niece.

"Hey," Frisk said. "Speaking of girls, where did Undyne go? Did she go home?"

Papyrus froze for a moment and then he said, "Oh, crap…. Oh, no! I can't believe we forgot. She's been gone for over an hour! We have to find her! Now!"

"What?" Frisk asked. "When did Undyne leave?"

"Undyne left while you were in the bathroom to look for the scissors you were using," Sans said getting up and taking plates to the sink while Papyrus went into the other room to call Undyne on her cell phone. "She was still very out of it. She didn't even put her jacket on when she left. She just carried out the blanket she slept under."

"Oh, well, I can help," Frisk said.

"I'm happy to hear that," Papyrus said snatching him up, carrying him on his back, and carefully avoiding all the drawers that were still on the floor as he quickly walked to the door. "Undyne isn't answering her phone. We need to find her now! She wasn't feeling well last night and I know for a fact that she's still upset. Let's go!"

Papyrus threw open the door and ran out with Frisk on his back.

"Wait, Papyrus! I don't have a coat or shoes on! IT'S REALLY COLD! PAPYRUS?! PAPYRUS!" Sans heard Frisk yell while Papyrus bolted farther and farther away.

Sans sighed deeply. Then he short cut upstairs to grab Frisk's sweater and shoes and a clean pair of socks, shut their front door, and short cut outside to join them.