Chapter 36

Meanwhile, Papyrus and Frisk were putting the finishing touches on Sans' new dating profile.

"You think that's enough?" Frisk asked still sitting on Papyrus' lap.

"Let's see," Papyrus said taking a break from typing on the computer to read over his work. "'I'm a desperately lonely 29-year-old skeleton with no standards who is looking for any woman who will date me. I think I'm hilariously funny, charming, and outgoing. I like long romantic walks next to the water in Waterfall, going to expensive romantic restaurants, and spending lots of money because I'm rich. I'm single, but I like kids and would like to get married and start a family ASAP. Women also say I'm a great lover.' Whatever that means. What does that mean anyway?"

Frisk who could barely contain his laughter said, "I don't know. But guys say it to women around bars on the surface all the time, so I think it's a good thing. This is great. Submit it. Submit it."

"Alright," Papyrus said pushing enter and giggling to himself. "This is gonna be hilarious. Sans has never been on a date in his life."

"I wonder how long it'll take for women to respond," Frisk said wiping the tears that were coming out of his eyes from laughing so hard.

As if an answer to his inquiry, they immediately received a message.

"That was fast," Frisk said.

"I guess Sans is sexier than we thought," Papyrus said opening the message. "Alright, this message reads, 'OMG! I totally want to meet you! Can we go out on a date tomorrow night? Sexy Queen 37.'"

Papyrus and Frisk could barely contain their laughter.

Frisk snickered quietly while Papyrus responded.

"'Yes,'" Papyrus said out loud. "'Meet me at my house in Snowdin tomorrow night at this address…'"

Papyrus typed in the address and sent the message. When she affirmed the message, Papyrus and Frisk laughed out loud together for about a minute.

"God, we've got him," Papyrus said between laughing. "I can't believe it. Frisk, you are a diabolical genius. I'm so glad I adopted you."

"I haven't laughed this much in a long time," Frisk said as his HP raised another point.

"Hey, you're getting better," Papyrus said. "That's great. You've raised your HP by 8 points today."

Suddenly a twinge of sadness flashed through Frisk's mind and he looked away from Papyrus in shame.

"Frisk, what's the matter?" Papyrus asked.

"I'm sorry I killed you," Frisk said. "I wish I never did it. I wish I did everything right the first time."

Papyrus rested his head on Frisk's and draped his arms over his shoulders.

"Well, I'm glad it happened this way," Papyrus said.

"What?" Frisk asked in confusion.

"Well, I'm not glad you murdered people per se, but I'm glad you're here with us now. If you hadn't messed up, you would not be here with us like this now. I'd say it was almost worth it."

Frisk looked back at him and smiled.

Then without warning, Papyrus grabbed his right forearm and Frisk was mentally suddenly somewhere else, somewhere dark. His breathing grew shallower, and he started quaking in fear.