Chapter 39

Frisk finished his second helping and asked, "Do you think we should get Papyrus and Undyne? The tacos are gonna get cold."

"Nah, it's funnier to let 'em figure it out for themselves," Sans said. "Besides, I can't let you cheat on the bet."

"Oh, yeah," Frisk said remembering what he and Sans had agreed earlier.

"Alright!" Sans and Frisk heard Papyrus yell from upstairs. "It is decided then! We shall throw Frisk out the window. Wait, where did he go?"

"I think they left, Papyrus," Undyne said.

Sans then started laughing and wouldn't stop while Frisk chuckled to himself. Papyrus ran to the banister and saw Sans laughing to himself with Frisk at the table.

"Sans!" Papyrus yelled while opening his fixing his door and letting Undyne leave in front of him. "Why didn't you tell us you made Frisk feel better?"

"Yeah, why not stop us so we don't waste our time?!" Undyne yelled.

"I wanted to see how long it would take you to notice," Sans replied.

"Sans, you are the worst!" Papyrus said as he stomped downstairs with Undyne in tow.

Papyrus walked toward the table, but Undyne walked to the door.

"I'm glad you're alright, punk," Undyne said to Frisk. "We can start training tomorrow."

"Undyne, where are you going?" Papyrus asked in confusion. "Aren't you hungry?"

"Yeah, don't you wanna eat with us?" Frisk asked.

"I ate while I was cooking," Undyne said turning to them as she opened the door. "Besides, I'm tired after all that planning. I'm going home to finish reading this manga and finish my therapy!"

"Okay," Frisk said. "See you tomorrow then. Goodnight!"

"Right back at cha, punk," Undyne said. "But beware. I'm not gonna go easy on ya. Got it?"

"Got it."

"Thanks for helping us out today," Sans said.

"No problem," Undyne said.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Undyne!" Papyrus said waving from his seat. "Please try not to lose my manga this time!"

"I'll do my best," Undyne said before finally leaving and shutting the door behind her.

Once she left, Papyrus served himself and inquired, "How are you feeling, Frisk? As your therapist, I am inclined to know."

"I feel a little better now," Frisk said. "I'm sorry I worried you."

"Don't think twice about it, Frisk."

"Yeah, I'm still feeling scared and I started crying but Sans told me I don't have to hate myself anymore…"

"What?!" Papyrus said sitting back in a huff. "Sans, I thought I was supposed to be the therapist who made Frisk feel better. Not you."

"It isn't a one monster job, bro," Sans replied. "It's his mental health. We have to work together to make Frisk feel better."

"I suppose…" Papyrus said. "I suppose I have boosted his determination a lot already. I can let you contribute a little."

"Papyrus, I'm right here," Frisk said.

"Your point?" Papyrus said with his mouth filled with food.

"Never mind," Frisk said with a yawn as he hopped out of his chair. "I'm gonna go read. See ya later."