Chapter 9

Everyone heard the glass breaking since the front door was still open.

"Frisk, no!" Papyrus yelled running in the direction of the sound.

"Blood is the riskiest medium to get determination out," Flowey continued. "But I think he enjoys it by this point. Every time he resets, that is how he does it. In his mind, I think he feels like he's making up for one of his crimes but shedding his own blood. It's his form of a penance, and I can't say I don't enjoy seeing his blood flow. You might say I enjoy it too much. I always encourage him to do it every time he messes up."

"You, sadistic son-of-a…" Undyne said.

"You can stay here yelling at me or you can save your little Frisk," Flowey said. "You see, under the best circumstances, using blood is a psychologically and physically draining process for the one performing the ritual. If one performs it over and over, it weakens the user and gradually wears down his determination. Then eventually, when the user's determination is no longer strong enough to endure it, the loss of blood kills them. Frisk is going to die."

"God damn it," Undyne muttered under her breath while turning away to catch up with Papyrus.

Flowey reacted by laughing maniacally.

Sans glared at Flowey one more time before flinging him in the air and firing a Gaster Blaster right at him. He screamed while he was singed and fell in the river before Sans short cut back to the house.

"Frisk!" Papyrus yelled while pounding on the door. "Open the door! Do not reset time! Undyne says it'll kill you!"

"I don't care," Frisk said unemotionally.

"Why don't you care, brat?!" Undyne yelled.

"Did Flowey mention all the bad things I've done?" Frisk said.

"I don't care what you've done!" Papyrus yelled. "You can be redeemed! Please just let us in!"

"Let us in, Frisk," Sans said suddenly appearing before them.

"Sans?" Frisk asked sounding surprised.

"Frisk, let me see you," Sans said firmly like he did the day before. "We all know now that you're the one who's been resetting the timeline. Like I said before, I'm not mad. We just want you to stop. Doing this is killing you. The weed has been manipulating you because he wants you to die. We don't. Please, Frisk!"

"You don't understand," Frisk said holding the glass shard above the bare skin of his left arm. "I have to make you understand."

"Frisk, no!" Papyrus yelled.

But it was too late. Frisk sliced open the vein on his arm as he had done many times before and the blood came flowing out. Frisk then cut his other arm, so more blood would flow out and grant his wish. The blood flowed out into the air. It went under the bathroom door and surrounded the three awestruck monsters.

"Is this the blood of the determined?" Undyne asked herself. "What are you doing, human?"

"Frisk, stop it!" Papyrus yelled still pounding on the door.

Sans didn't say anything. Suddenly, everyone froze and started seeing visions in their minds. They were restored memories, every memory of every timeline that Frisk was involved in, every memory of what Frisk had seen and what had happened, every memory they had that was erased, even from the very first timeline.

"What the hell?" Undyne asked. "What is this?"

"I died…" Papyrus said in realization. "You killed me. You killed all of us."

"Frisk…" Sans said in horror at what he was seeing.

"These are my memories," Frisk said. "I am burning them into your minds along with all the memories from this timeline. Now, you can't forget. You won't forget when I reset this timeline. You understand now why I have to do this."