Chapter 14

Frisk finished his shower and turned off the water. He dried himself off and wrapped a towel around his waist.

After he brushed his teeth, he tried looking in the mirror, so he could comb his hair. But since he was too short, he decided to climb onto the dryer to use that mirror instead. Frisk put the comb in his mouth, climbed on the toilet, climbed on the sink, and used that to jump onto the dryer.

When he reached the dryer, he saw the clothes Papyrus found him in. They were all folded into a pile. The key that he still carried around his neck was sitting there on the top.

Frisk took the comb out of his mouth and smiled as he picked up the key. Even after being away from home for three years, he could not bring himself to ever throw it away. He put it back around his neck where it belonged.

Frisk then put on his underwear and his jeans. After that, he sat down with his legs crossed and started combing his hair. When he was done, he noticed a pair of scissors sitting on the washing machine. Frisk crawled over, picked them up, and stared at his hair in the mirror.

Meanwhile, Papyrus left his room and ran to Sans' room and then ran downstairs to the kitchen where Sans was finishing the eggs and bacon while Undyne was still lying on the couch.

"Morning, Papyrus," Sans said.

"Morning, Sans," Papyrus said. "Have you seen my scissors?"

"Stop yelling, Papyrus!" Undyne said turning over on the couch and pulling the blanket Papyrus loaned her over her head along with the pillow.

"No," Sans said. "Why do you need scissors?"

"I'm trying to make a get-well card for Frisk," Papyrus said. "And I need scissors to make it."

"You can check in here, bro," Sans said putting the food on their table. "But I haven't seen them."

"I'll assist you!" Undyne said standing up and throwing the blanket off the couch.

"Whatever," Sans said rolling his eyes. "But you're cleaning up any mess you make."

Undyne dizzily ran into the kitchen and threw open all the drawers so hard that some of them hit the wall while Sans ducked to avoid the other ones. Her hangover meant her aim was off. Sans stared in dumbfounded awe, and Papyrus ran around and looked in the drawers on the floor.

"Undyne, I'm not seeing any scissors!" Papyrus said.

"That's no good!" Undyne said wrapping the blanket around her body and opening the front door. "I'm going to the store!"

She then ran out in a crooked line while narrowly avoiding everyone in she came across.

"I should go with her," Papyrus said starting to follow her. "Wait, I remember where they are now. They're in the upstairs bathroom. Wait, Undyne! Come back!"

Papyrus went out the front door and chased after Undyne. Sans expression changed in concern, and he short cut upstairs and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Hey, kid!" Sans said. "Are you alright in there?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Frisk said. "I'll be out in a minute."

"Well, Undyne's gone…Sans, what are you doing?" Papyrus said walking back into the house and shutting the door behind him.

"Papyrus," Sans said as calmly as he could. "Frisk is in the bathroom where the scissors are."

"So?" Papyrus said walking up the stairs.

"Papyrus, you remember what happened yesterday. He's now alone with a sharp object…"