Chapter 11

Papyrus cleaned up the mess and ordered pizza. Undyne came back a few hours later feeling especially inebriated. After a drunk conversation with Papyrus, she collapsed on the couch.

Sans barely left Frisk's side. He had Papyrus bring him pizza and soda. When Sans was done with that and Papyrus came back to get the trash, he asked him to go out and get him something extra for the kid.

"Here, you go, Sans," Papyrus said quietly as he walked through the door to Sans' room. "Here's a nutritious smoothie I didn't make myself."

"Thanks, Pap," Sans said taking the drink and putting it on the floor next to his bed. "That should help him. How's Undyne?"

"She's still sleeping on the couch. She said something about feeling hungover."

"So much for relying on her support."

The two brothers looked at Frisk who was now sleeping on his side facing the wall.

"When do you think he'll wake up?" Papyrus asked.

"The sleeping pill we gave him was strong enough to put an adult to sleep," Sans said. "Of course, it's going to be even stronger on a child. I'd give him until morning. If he wakes up before then, I'll get him to drink the smoothie, so he can start getting some nutrition. God knows he needs it. He doesn't have any food in his system now."

Papyrus climbed over to Frisk's side of the bed and rubbed his hair. He could see Frisk's scarred arms sticking out from under the covers.

"Poor boy," Papyrus said. "You've been carrying a heavy burden alone for far too long, but you don't have to worry about that anymore, alright? You'll feel better soon. We're gonna take care of you and make you feel great."

Sans watched and couldn't suppress a smile.

"I'm going to bed, Sans," Papyrus said pulling the covers up to Frisk's neck and climbing off the bed. "Are you going to let him sleep here all night?"

"Yeah," Sans said. "I'll watch him. You can go ahead and sleep."

After hesitating for a second, Papyrus asked, "Sans, are you still mad at him for what he did?"

"Are you?"

"This sounds weird, but no. I've already forgiven him. He's not that person anymore. I'm more worried about you. You have always been wary of him, and you tried to kill him before."

"That was another time. Why are you so concerned?"

"Sans, if you think you might try to hurt him while I'm asleep, I will take him from you now. I don't want you to kill Frisk…"

"Papyrus…"

"If you killed Frisk, I don't know if I could ever forgive you!"

Sans shrugged and said, "Papyrus, I don't want to kill the kid. To be honest, I never really did. I only wanted to before because I had no choice. If I wanted to kill him today, I wouldn't have tried so hard to save his life. I have no reason to even be wary of him now. He poses no threat to us anymore."

"Okay," Papyrus said warily. "But if I come here in the morning and anything has changed, it will take me a really long time to forgive you."

"If you come here in the morning and anything has changed, I will let you and Undyne kill me yourselves," Sans said. "That's a promise, and you know how much I hate making those."

Papyrus backed up in surprise and was silent for a moment. Then he turned around and walked to the door.

He said, "Okay, Sans, I believe you, but please don't hurt Frisk. I don't want to lose two brothers in one day."