Chapter 27

After lunch, Papyrus went upstairs after asking Frisk and Undyne to pick up the drawers they flung out earlier to create a more organized environment for a therapy session since "a clean environment was the key to cleaning the chaos of the mind."

Once they picked up the final drawer, Frisk took off Sans' coat and his sweater and asked, "Undyne, what do you think he's doing?"

"With Papyrus, it's anyone's guess," Undyne said sitting down on the couch.

"No, I mean Sans," Frisk said putting the coat and sweater on a chair and sitting down next to Undyne. "Do you think he's okay? I mean. We left him alone with Flowey. What if Flowey wakes up and tries to hurt him? I can't reset anymore. The Holy One took it away. If Flowey kills Sans, I can't go back to undo it! I can't even create another save file yet…"

Frisk looked like he was about to panic. His breaths were getting shallower, he was gripping the cushion he was sitting on tightly, and he started to shake and sweat as tears formed around his eyes.

"Hey, Frisk?" Undyne asked. "It'll be okay. Alright?"

"No, it won't. I could lose him. Sans thought he had to be my enemy for so long, but now, we're finally brothers and friends. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him. The Holy One can't let this happen. That would be so unfair, but what if He does? I would lose him forever…"

"Frisk…"

"I can't lose him, Undyne. What if he gets hurt?"

"I wouldn't worry about it," Undyne said as nonchalantly as she could manage while putting her arm around him. "You saw that weed, right? Sans almost killed him the first time. That flower doesn't have it in him to fight Sans now. If he tried, Sans would wipe the floor with him. You've got nothing to worry about, squirt."

When Frisk's breathing started getting deeper and he started leaning against her, Undyne knew he was calming down.

"You're probably right," Frisk said wiping the tears out of his eyes. "The Almighty made Sans strong. I've barely seen him fight, but I know it's true. He can take care of himself. I'll just pray just in case."

Undyne suddenly noticed the chain hanging around Frisk's neck.

"Hey, Frisk?" Undyne asked in an effort to get his mind on something else. "I've been meaning to ask. What is that necklace you're wearing?"

"Oh, this?" Frisk asked sitting up and pulling his necklace outside his shirt to reveal the key. "It's the key to the house I lived in with my parents. My Dad made this for me so that on days I got home before they did I could let myself in the house."

"Wait, you said you ran away after they died, right? So, why would you keep the key?"

"I don't know. I've never been able to let it go. I can't really use it for anything. Another family probably lives in that house now. I've never been able to go back, so I don't know for sure. But my Dad made this for me. When I wear this, I feel like I'm carrying a piece of him around with me. I guess that's why. It's also something to show the police to trick them into thinking I have a home."

"Nice."

"HEY! STOP MAKING PROGRESS WITH HIM, UNDYNE! THAT'S MY JOB!" a voice yelled from upstairs.

Papyrus then vaulted over the railing and landed on the floor in front of them. Frisk and Undyne stared at him in surprise. He was wearing jeans and a white sweater with his normal red boots.

"Well, I see the power of this outfit has made you speechless," Papyrus said. "If I knew this would happen, I would have stayed the way I was. I changed because whenever I watch therapists on TV this is how they're dressed. What do you think?"