Chapter 97

Napstablook wiped a few angry tears away and stared at his phone in disbelief for a second. He couldn't believe what he had just done. He had just told off his cousin. Surely now, Napstablook would be all alone…

The ghost's thoughts were interrupted when he felt Frisk giving him a side hug. Napstablook looked down through his angry tears to see the human child looking back up at him. Frisk gave Napstablook a knowing look of sympathy and continued hugging him as the latter tightly hugged him back. He wasn't alone anymore.

"Move forward with the plan," Napstablook said.

"Hell, yes," Calibri whispered hoarsely.

"Vengeance shall be ours," River added giving his son a high five.

"I'm already excited," Burgerpants replied. "What do we do first?"

"OUR PLAN IS CALLED OPERATION HUMILIATION," Calibri signed.

"What do you mean?" Frisk asked.

"FRISK, WE'VE BEEN WATCHING YOUR SHOW," Calibri signed. "THE AUDIENCE ABSOLUTELY ADORES YOU. THEY CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU. THEY LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT THEY STARTED TURNING ON METTATON JUST FOR GIVING YOU A HARD TIME ABOUT THAT RAGTIME PIECE. SO, WHAT IF WE DID SOMETHING TO PUSH METTATON COMPLETELY OFF THE RAILS?"

"Are you crazy?" Frisk replied. "He'll send me to an asylum!"

"No, he won't," Alphys finally spoke up. "Because he'll be dealing with a public relations disaster."

"How?" Frisk asked confusedly.

"I'm with the kid on this one," Burgerpants replied.

"To put it simply, we're going to subject Mettaton to the humiliation of his life," River said patiently. "Dr. Alphys is going to add a covert video surveillance app into your phone. After that, we are going to perform a song that offends Mettaton so much that he snaps and has no choice but to intervene. Then when he does, the app will live stream Mettaton's cruelty to everyone in the studio and those who subscribe to any of his streaming content."

"Understand now?" Alphys asked.

Frisk smiled and said, "Hell, yes! That sounds amazing! And you'll go on stage with me to do it? Even if you get in trouble?"

"Of course," River said. "Don't worry. We aren't just doing it for you. You're not the only who has had it with Mettaton, Frisk."

"YEAH," Calibri signed. "I'VE WANTED TO GET BACK AT HIM FOR YEARS."

"You have only worked with Mettaton for 11 months, Calibri," River retorted.

"IT FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY, DAD," Calibri replied. "TRUST ME."

Frisk's smile disappeared when he remembered Alphys. Mettaton was her greatest creation. He meant so much to her, and Frisk was about to mess all that up.

"Alphys?" Frisk asked. "Are you sure you're okay with this? Uh…Sans told me how important Mettaton was to you and…"

Alphys held her hand up, gave Frisk an understanding smile, and said, "It's fine, Frisk. I can build another one. I'll be okay. Honestly, I will be. After talking to Napstablook, I have realized that someone helping you out doesn't give them the right to be a jerk. I have let Mettaton push me around for too long. I won't put up with it anymore."

Frisk looked at Alphys curiously. Something told him that she understood more of where he was coming from than she let on. When he didn't break his stare, Alphys gave Frisk an awkward wink that only confused him more.

"Anyway," Alphys said. "Give me your phone, Frisk."

"Oh, yeah," Frisk said reaching into his pocket and handing his phone to Alphys. "Here, you go."