Chapter 4

They were finally inside the grocery store. Frisk had only just started to get over his dizziness when Papyrus picked him up and put him inside the shopping cart, thankfully not in the child seat but in the main part where all the groceries went. Nonetheless, Frisk was annoyed.

"Papyrus, I can walk," Frisk complained.

"Yeah, slowly," Papyrus said pushing the cart into the store. "I told you already, Frisk. We need to get back quickly, and we can't do that if you're walking on your short legs. Besides, this is much more fun!"

Papyrus put one leg on the cart and used the other one to accelerate. Then he put both legs up while he and Frisk rolled quickly through the aisles just avoiding the other customers who were leaping to get out of the way.

"WEEEEE!" Papyrus yelled.

"Papyrus, we can't do this in here!" Frisk yelled while Papyrus used his feet to change their direction. "We'll hit someone! We have to stop!"

"You worry too much, human! I, the Great Papyrus, know exactly what I'm doing! Weeee!"

Frisk held onto the sides of the grocery cart as well as he could and tried to avoid throwing up until Papyrus finally came to a complete stop. He looked around and saw that they were in the bakery section.

"This is my favorite part of the whole store," Papyrus said. "Their donuts are the best. Here, try one for yourself."

Papyrus picked up a donut with chocolate frosting from a display case and handed it to Frisk.

"Hold on," Papyrus said after getting one for himself. "We need juice."

Papyrus quickly found and picked up two large jugs of orange juice or their closest Underground equivalent. He opened one jug and sat it down in front of Frisk. Then Papyrus threw his donut in his mouth and immediately washed it down with as much orange juice as he could chug.

Frisk sat there with his donut in his hand and the opened jug in front of him staring on in amazement along with half the store as Papyrus chugged down an entire giant jug of orange juice.

Papyrus noticed Frisk was staring and asked, "What's the matter, Frisk? Oh, I know what you want."

He trotted over to the café right next to the bakery and came back over to the cart.

"Here, you go, Frisk," Papyrus said oblivious to all the disgusted stares as he threw a bunch of napkins onto Frisk's lap and handed him a bendy straw.

Papyrus finished the last of his orange juice and dropped the empty container in the basket.

"Come on, Frisk," Papyrus said pleadingly. "I know you're depressed, but you have to eat something. The juice will give you tons of healthy vitamins and stuff. The donut isn't that healthy, but it's so delicious that it's sure to make you happy."

Frisk obediently took a bite out of the donut and smiled. It was delicious. The juice wasn't bad either.

Papyrus continued pushing the cart around the store, but only a third as wildly as before since there was an open container in his cart. Frisk took notice, and after finishing the donut, drank the juice as slowly as he could. Papyrus moved around as quickly as possible only stopping to pick things up he needed when they were in the appropriate aisles.

When they finally reached the personal hygiene aisles, Papyrus picked Frisk up out of the cart and put him on the ground.

"Alright, Frisk," Papyrus said. "I don't know what type of toothbrushes humans like or anything about how you keep yourself clean, so you can pick all that out yourself. I'm gonna look for some skull polish."