Chapter 53

"METTATON?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" they both heard Undyne scream behind them as they finished their hug.

Undyne quickly pulled out a spear and held it in Mettaton's face as she said, "Back away from our kid."

"Yeah," Papyrus said bravely as he picked Frisk up and held him on his hip. "Stay away from him!"

"Hello, Undyne," Mettaton said. "As charming as ever, I see. You've got me all wrong, dear. Frisk and I were only making a business agreement."

"It's true," Frisk said quickly. "He's given me 50,000G to look at my arms already. He has promised me more if I go on his show."

Undyne's and Papyrus' expressions twisted in confusion as they both said, "What?!"

"It's true," Mettaton interrupted. "Frisk here is going to be a guest on my talk show today. Isn't it amazing?"

"Wow, Frisk!" Papyrus said excitedly. "That is so cool!"

Undyne, however, was not convinced.

"Frisk, can we talk in private?" Undyne asked. "Papyrus, you come, too. Mettaton, wait right here."

"With pleasure," Mettaton said pulling out his phone to make some further arrangements. "I've got phone calls to make anyway."

When Mettaton rolled away to make his call, Undyne said, "Frisk, have you lost your mind! That robot has tried to kill you every single time you've faced him. What are you thinking?"

"He's offering me 1 million G," Frisk said. "Sans said he wanted to take me to see a psychologist. They're expensive, right? This could pay for all that. Besides, he said all he wanted me to do was talk…"

"And you trust him?" Undyne asked incredulously.

"Well…" Frisk trailed off.

"I think you should lighten up, Undyne," Papyrus said. "He just wants Frisk to go on a talk show. I don't think Mettaton wants to hurt Frisk this time."

"Papyrus, you saw the same memories I did, right?" Undyne asked. "You remember what has happened literally every time Mettaton has brought Frisk on one of his programs?!"

"Yeah, but all those times Mettaton forced Frisk to be on his show," Papyrus explained. "This time, he's asking."

Undyne paused.

"Okay," she said. "That's a really good point, but I still don't trust that hunk of metal…"

"Neither do I," Frisk interrupted. "But I want to help. Look, I know Sans and Papyrus aren't starving, but it's going to cost money to take care of me. I want to make it easier. You've all done so much for me, and I've been too weak and useless to do anything for you in return. I'm so sick of being helpless. At least this way, I'll actually be able to do something for you guys and for our new family."

"Frisk…" Papyrus began quietly. "You're not useless…"

"I understand, Frisk," Undyne said. "But I still don't trust Mettaton…"

"Then, why don't you guys come with me?" Frisk asked. "Mettaton can't hurt me if you guys are with me the whole time. Right?"

"That is true," Undyne said proudly. "Okay, you can do it, but only if Papyrus and I stay with you the whole time. Got it?"

"Got it," Frisk replied happily.

"Yes!" Papyrus said excitedly. "My little brother is gonna be on TV. This will be so cool!"

"Is your family meeting over yet?" Mettaton asked impatiently rolling around the corner.

"Yeah," Undyne said. "Frisk can be on your show, but only if me and Papyrus can go with him."

"Oh, I was hoping you'd say that," Mettaton replied unexpectedly excitedly. "We can get the whole family involved. You can sit in the audience. This will be wonderful."

Mettaton made a noise that sounded like a whistle, and the Ferryman's boat appeared at the dock. Everyone looked at it and came to the same realization.

"Hop on, beauties," Mettaton said. "We've gotta get back to the studio.

"Isn't that the Ferryman's boat?" Frisk asked.

"It is," Mettaton said turning on his rockets, picking Frisk up, and lowering him onto the boat. "I paid River to spend the day with one of my employees, so I could borrow it."

"You did all that just to stalk us?" Undyne asked suspiciously as she hopped over the railing and embarked herself.

"Oh, Undyne, I wouldn't call it stalking," Mettaton said. "I would call it going undercover for a surprise."

"Right," Undyne replied sarcastically crossing her arms.

Papyrus hopped on behind her, and the boat took off.

"Oh, Frisk, this is gonna be amazing," Papyrus excited hopping up and down in place. "You're gonna be so famous! Wait until Sans finds out. He'll be so surprised."