Chapter 71

Outside the bathroom, Inferno was waiting for Frisk because the latter did not want him to see him use a public urinal.

Inside the bathroom, Frisk had climbed to the top of the bathroom stalls and was sitting on the corner swinging his legs, texting, and waiting for a text message reply from Sans. His bladder was now emptied, but he was dealing with the other side effect of the coffee.

"You're alright, kid," Sans finally replied. "The coffee has given you a sugar rush. You're gonna be hyper for a while."

"No shit," Frisk replied while he hung backward into the toilet stall and typed upside down. "What am I supposed to do, Sans? I hate sitting out there. I want to help Papyrus and Undyne, but there's nothing I can do. The last time I tried Almighty King Jackass dumped me with a mad scientist. If I do anything else, he'll leave me with one of his jerk ass psychiatrists. It was easier when he just wanted to kill me. I wish he didn't want me at all."

Suddenly, Frisk heard knocking at the bathroom door.

"Frisk, are you alright?" Inferno said on the other side. "Uh, do you need help?"

"No, I'm ten!" Frisk yelled back. "I can use the bathroom by myself! Just give me a minute! Would ya?!"

"Right," Inferno said nervously. "Sorry…"

Frisk looked back at his phone and noticed that Sans was replying, so he texted, "Don't worry, Sans. I'm doing what I mentioned before now. We might not even need another plan. Well, we won't if the windows here work like they did on the surface. Thank God I was a street kid."

Frisk sat back up, stuffed his phone in his pocket, stood up on the walls of the stall, and started walking carefully along the tops of the bathroom stalls until he reached a skylight window in the middle of the bathroom. Once he reached it, he waved his hands pulling his nervous sweat from his brow and immersing it into the mechanisms of the window lock with his determination until the lock finally unlocked.

Frisk smiled until he pushed open the window with a loud creak. He froze in place fearfully for a second, but when Inferno said nothing, he pushed open the window, jumped, grabbed onto the side of the window, and pulled himself up as quickly as his arms could muster.

Once Frisk was on the roof, he sat up, silently thanked God for how much his determination had recovered, and replied to Sans and everyone else on the large group chat, "I did it! I'm on the roof!"

Sans quickly replied, "Well done, ya street urchin."

As soon as Frisk read that reply, Sans sent another text message, "But I think you have something going with the making yourself undesirable thing. Don't let yourself get caught, but if you do, we need to find a way to make Mettaton not want you as much as possible."

"But Sans, I've tried to fight him as much as I could, but he isn't giving up," Frisk texted. "What else can I do?"

"You've gotta find a weakness," Sans replied. "Is there anything he doesn't like?"

"Well, he doesn't like the sweater I'm wearing. He said it was too gothic."

"That could be something. Think about that, but for now, you should be trying to escape."

"Right, I just gotta cover my tracks."

Frisk tried pushing the window shut, but it wouldn't budge. He tried pushing it shut again, but it still wouldn't move.

In the room below, Frisk heard Inferno say, "Frisk, you've been in there for a long time. If you don't come out soon, I'm going to have to come in there!"

Frisk pushed harder and harder on the window, but the mechanism would not budge. In a panic, Frisk kicked the window as hard as he could, and it shattered. Glass flew everywhere including in the bathroom below. The noise brought back the memory of the other day and caused Frisk to freeze in shock for a moment.