Chapter 21

"Undyne?!" Frisk called out. "Undyne?! Where are you?!"

"WHY HAVE I NEVER TRIED THIS BEFORE?!" her voice yelled out. "THIS IS AWESOME!"

It was not too far away. It sounded like it was coming from the direction of Napstablook's house. Frisk quickly ran on the path until he reached the houses, but when he arrived oddly enough, everything was silent.

"Undyne?" Frisk called out. "Undyne, I'm sorry about everything…"

Frisk's eyes fell on the house that was next to Napstablook's. He never knew what that house was for or who lived in it. Out of curiosity, he pulled a trashcan to the back of the house where a window was. After climbing on top of the garbage cans, he looked in the window, but all he saw was a TV and a bunch of books on the ground.

"That is my cousin's house," a familiar shaky voice said.

Frisk looked over his shoulders to see Napstablook hovering several feet away with headphones over his ears.

"He doesn't come by very much anymore," Napstablook said. "His career is very demanding."

There was an awkward silence until Napstablook said, "I haven't seen you in a few days. Did you hurt your arms?"

Frisk did not know what possessed him to say, "I kept cutting them, so I could reset time if I killed someone."

Frisk's face flushed with shame as he turned away. Why did he say something so stupid? Now Napstablook would hate him…

"I see," Napstablook said calmly and without judgement. "Would you like to come inside my pathetic house?"

Frisk turned around, smiled, and nodded. He jumped off the trashcan and followed Napstablook.

In most timelines, Napstablook was usually the only one he ever hung out with. He enjoyed lying on the floor and listening to his music. It reminded him very much of what he used to do with his Dad when they would share the earbuds of his mp3 player, lie on the floor together, and talk about whatever came to mind. In many respects, Napstablook reminded him of his Dad.

Napstablook opened the door, and to Frisk's surprise, Undyne was lying on the floor with Napstablook's headphones in. Her eyes were closed, and she was clearly enjoying the music.

Frisk looked at Napstablook in confusion and he said, "She came over about an hour ago. It was weird since we usually never talk. She said she needed someone to talk to and just started going on and on about weird stuff, kind of like what you just said, so I gave her music and she seems to like it. I've never seen anyone like my music as much as she does. Maybe I will put it on the Undernet."

"You should," Frisk said. "I love hearing your music. In every timeline, it's one of my favorite parts of exploring the Underground."

When she heard another voice in the room, Undyne opened her eye and saw Frisk. Their eyes met, and Frisk began walking over to her nervously.

"What are you doing here, punk?!" Undyne asked while pulling out her headphones.

"Um, uh, Sans and Papyrus and I were looking for you," Frisk began nervously. "We were at your house and I heard you, so I ran over here to find you. We've been worried."

Undyne remained silent as Frisk walked around her until he was standing next to her face where her good eye was.

"Um, Undyne, I can't say it any other way," he said standing still and running his fingers nervously over his bandages. "I'm sorry about what happened. I'm sorry I killed you the first time and let you die all those times and took so long to figure out how to save you. I understand if you, uh, hate me forever, but I was, um, hoping we could be friends."