Chapter 98

About ten minutes later, Frisk and his buddies were raiding Mettaton's storage rooms to find supplies for their upcoming performance while Alphys sat against the wall next to the door putting the finishing touches on Frisk's phone.

"I found more scary make-up," Napstablook said coming back with a box. "I also found all the sound equipment I think I need."

"Oooh, let me see!" Frisk said as Napstablook put the box down.

Frisk began pulling make-up out of the box and smiled in devious joy.

"Oh, man," Frisk said gleefully picking up each item to look at. "Stage blood. Black eye shadow. Black lipstick. This is gonna be great! I don't even know where to begin."

"It doesn't matter," Napstablook said. "As long as you look super scary, my cousin is going to be pissed. It doesn't have to look good at all."

"Do you think I should just smash it all together and rub it all over my face?" Frisk asked.

Napstablook laughed for a solid minute. Frisk stood there and began laughing with him.

It was about a solid minute before Napstablook could speak and said, "I don't know. Maybe. This is going to be so much fun! I haven't laughed like this in such a long time."

Frisk's smile disappeared for a moment as he said, "I'm sorry about all this. I know you and Mettaton used to be close. You must be so hurt having to go against your cousin like this…"

Napstablook put his hand on Frisk's shoulder and interrupted, "Actually, I feel relieved. I have been wanting to say those things to my cousin for such a long time, but I was always too afraid to. That was the main reason I felt so awful. That is until I met you. It's because of you that I had the courage to finally stand up to him. Now, I feel great! I really can't thank you enough, Frisk."

Frisk smiled and hugged Napstablook. As he did that, he felt his HP raise by another point. The ghost smiled, too.

"Your HP is at 19 now, Frisk," Napstablook said happily. "You're almost all healed. You can get your backpack soon."

"Yeah, that's right," Frisk said. "I can…"

Unfortunately, that was when the group heard a knock on the door. Everyone went silent in fear as Burgerpants quickly ran over to answer the door.

"Who is it?" Burgerpants asked as calmly as he could.

"Burgerpants? It's me, Inferno," Inferno's voice answered from the other side of the door to the collective sighs of relief of everyone in the storeroom.

"Oh," Burgerpants answered calmly. "What's up?"

"Well, I hate to interrupt whatever you all are doing in there," Inferno said apologetically. "I really do, but Mettaton called me and told me that he wants Frisk to perform on stage again while he took a break."

Everyone stood there dumbfounded for a moment until River loudly whispered for Burgerpants to get his attention.

Burgerpants and everyone else turned around to look at River who gestured towards his son.

"IS METTATON HERE?!" Calibri signed. "ASK INFERNO IF HE'S HERE."

Burgerpants nodded and said to Inferno, "Is Mettaton here?"

"Yes," Inferno answered apologetically. "He's hanging out in his dressing room."

"Shit," everyone heard Calibri mutter under his breath. "Now, what?"

"Hey," Napstablook whispered quietly. "Will Mettaton be on-stage with him?"

Burgerpants turned to the door and said, "Hey, Inferno! Will Mettaton be on-stage with him?"