Chapter 13

Sans tilted the picture upwards and a secret door opened revealing the bathroom. Frisk stood there looking confused.

"It was Papyrus' idea," Sans explained. "He's so obsessed with puzzles he decided to make this room a secret room for no reason. Anyways, I assume you know how to operate a shower, so I'll see ya soon."

Sans walked away to go down the stairs.

"Sans," Frisk said.

"Yeah?" Sans responded stopping at the top of the stairs.

"Thank you," Frisk said. "You really are cool."

"Don't let Papyrus hear you say that now," Sans said with a smile before he continued walking down the stairs. "You're welcome, Frisk."

Frisk walked into the bathroom, flicked on the light switch, pulled the door shut behind him, and looked around.

To his left was a washing machine and a dryer sitting side by side with a long horizontal mirror hanging over them on the wall. Next to them was a garbage can, a sink with another mirror, and a toilet. On his right was a large tub and shower with a shower curtain around it with a mat right beside it and a towel rack with blue towels on it.

At the end of the room was another window. Out of curiosity, Frisk walked up to it and tried to push it open, but it was locked. Frisk climbed on the toilet and tried twisting the latch to unlock the window, but when he put his right hand on it, he felt a very small but present electric shock.

Frisk pulled his hand back and sighed. He knew who put it there and why. He climbed off the toilet, used the bathroom and washed his hands in the sink.

Frisk had to stand on the tips of his toes to look in the mirror since he was so short. He switched off the hot water so that the cold water was there cool his right hand that still tingled from the electric shock. Frisk stared at it for a while and turned off the water.

He looked into the mirror and noticed something odd. More of his face was appearing in the mirror than before. Frisk was confused for a few seconds until he realized his feet weren't touching the floor and there were bony hands under his armpits.

"Enjoying the view, kid?" Sans asked.

Frisk yelped in surprise while Sans let him down on the floor. Sans chuckled to himself.

"You alright there, kid?" Sans asked. "You took a forever to notice I was even here. I brought you the stuff Papyrus got for you yesterday."

"Oh, yeah," Frisk said. "Thanks."

Sans put the bags on his arms down on the floor. He noticed that Frisk's right hand was twitching a little. Perhaps he had set the voltage a bit too high after all.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Sans asked.

"The window shocked me," Frisk said. "You must have left your buzzer on it or something."

"It's a bit more elaborate than that, but I thought it made a nice joke," Sans said. "I guess I went a bit too far with the voltage. Sorry about that, kiddo. I'll get Papyrus to heal you when he wakes up."

"Thanks," Frisk said walking over to the shower and turning on the water.

"I'll undo the shocking window eventually, but until then, don't touch the window. Okay? I honestly don't think you should be fooling with it anyway. Your mental state is not 100% if you know what I mean. You still could get ideas…"

"I understand."

"Glad we see eye to eye. See ya soon, kid."

Sans shortcut away, and Frisk was left alone again. He pulled all Papyrus had bought him out of the bag and put it in the shower. Then he took off his clothes and entered the shower himself.

Frisk looked down and sighed while letting the water run down his back. He knew Sans wanted to take care of him, but he wasn't feeling great about his methods. He didn't quite like his brother's methods either, but Sans was supposed to be more laid back. They were getting along so well, too. Oh, well. At least, Sans was willing to let him be by himself, but he couldn't live like this forever.

"What am I supposed to be learning from this?" Frisk asked while looking at the ceiling. "That to love someone you have to be crazy?"

Frisk started washing his hair and let himself feel the hot water. It felt wonderful. He could not remember the last time he had showered.

When he wandered the city, Frisk would usually sneak into a gym to use their showers. Looking too dirty was a good way to get noticed, and the last thing Frisk ever wanted out there was to be noticed by the wrong people.

Since he had entered the Underground, Frisk had had few opportunities to shower. It was a good feeling to be getting clean again. It was a return to normalcy after the insanity that his life had become.

Frisk leaned his head back and rinsed all the shampoo off, but when he ran his fingers through his hair to check, there was another glob of shampoo in his hair. Frisk thought nothing of it and rinsed it out, but when he ran his fingers through his hair again, there was another large glob of shampoo in his hair.

"What the heck?" Frisk asked out loud.

He rinsed his hair as thoroughly as he possibly could and made sure there wasn't any shampoo in it before he moved his hands away.

"There," Frisk said in contentment.

But before he could even grab his other soap, he felt the cool liquid soap running through his hair again.

"What?!" Frisk said.

He then heard laughing from the top of the shower curtain. He looked up to see Sans sitting on top holding the bottle of shampoo.

"Oh, man," Sans said barely able to get a word out since he was laughing so hard. "You should see your face. It's priceless."

"Sans!" Frisk said shyly holding a curtain over his crotch.

"Come on, kid. You're part of the family and our friend now. You can put up with some practical jokes. Besides, you know that was funny. I see you smiling."

Frisk could not suppress a smile.

"I guess," he said.

"Anyway, get that crud out of your hair and focus on getting it off the rest of your body," Sans said. "Breakfast shouldn't take too much longer."

Sans then teleported away, but he immediately came back, handed the shampoo bottle to Frisk through the curtain, and said, "Don't forget to brush your teeth either. Your clothes are on top of the dryer by the way."

When Sans disappeared again, Frisk smiled, put the shampoo down, let go of the curtain, and laughed to himself.

"I guess he's not so bad after all," Frisk said as he rinsed the soap out of his hair, grabbed the bar of soap, and got to work washing the dirt and dried blood off the rest of his body.