Chapter 77

Miss Muffet brought Frisk to the beach and stopped near the water.

"Here, we are, dearie," Miss Muffet said. "Now, to call your Daddy…"

"He is not my Dad," Frisk said still lying flat on his bed of spiders. "He never will be. He stole me from my family. Please, you have to let me go back to them."

"Maybe if you weren't so stingy with your money, human," Miss Muffet said dialing the number on her phone. "I mean, the spiders told me you ran through the Ruins and didn't even stop for our bake sale."

"I…I was upset then," Frisk said defensively as the spiders sat him up on the sand. "I also didn't have any money."

"Sure, you didn't, human," Miss Muffet said just before she pressed the call button.

Frisk suddenly remembered what worked before and said, "But at least, I never hurt a single spider."

The phone rang, but Miss Muffet paused and listened.

"I mean no harm to anyone in the Underground," Frisk pleaded. "I'm just a homeless orphan who has found a family. I just want to get back to them. Please!"

Miss Muffet paused in guilty contemplation, but unfortunately, Mettaton was speaking on the other end and saw it when Miss Muffet pressed the button to end the call.

"Let him go," Miss Muffet told the spiders. "He means no harm to us. Get back to your family, human."

Frisk smiled as the spiders untied him. But sadly, as soon as he stood up, he felt familiar metal arms grab him and hold him tightly.

"Mettaton?" Miss Muffet said in surprise.

"Thank goodness I got here when I did," Mettaton said. "You almost made a costly mistake. I do apologize for my son. He can be manipulative when he wants to be…"

"That's the pot calling the kettle black," Frisk interrupted.

"Hush, darling," Mettaton said to Frisk as he held him more tightly to restrain his movements. "Don't you think you're in enough trouble already?"

Mettaton got the check out of his side compartment, handed the check to Miss Muffet, and took the violin case out of her hands.

"Thanks again for the help, Miss Muffet dear," Mettaton said. "Get yourself a nice limo."

Before Miss Muffet could even reply, Mettaton created a trapdoor under his feet that brought him and Frisk to his dressing room.

When the trapdoor closed behind them, Mettaton placed Frisk on the couch and turned around to get something out of the fridge.

Frisk was frozen in fear. He could hardly move. Let alone breathe. Frisk knew what Mettaton had planned for him, and all he could do was pray for the courage to face the upcoming confrontation.

Frisk forced himself to breathe deeply as Mettaton turned around, handed Frisk a bottle of water, placed the violin case on the floor, and sat down next to him on the opposite end of the couch.

Mettaton still said nothing. The silence was unnerving and awkward. Frisk opened his water bottle and took a few gulps before Mettaton finally decided to start talking.

"I have to say, darling," Mettaton said without looking at him. "I had hoped today would go better. I had hoped we could be partners and work together as a family, but you keep running off, having such violent outbursts, and causing all these problems."

Mettaton sighed deeply, turned to Frisk, and said, "I honestly think something might be wrong with you…"

"Wrong with me?!" Frisk snapped while still refusing to look at Mettaton. "You're the one trying to take a kid from his adopted family!"

"That behavior is what I'm talking about, darling," Mettaton replied completely unfazed. "You keep having such violent behavior. I'm really worried about you. That's why I'm getting you some help."

Frisk finally turned around and asked, "What in the hell are you…?"

He froze mid-sentence. In his terror, Frisk couldn't bring himself to speak.

Out of nowhere, Mettaton was holding a child-sized straight-jacket in one hand and syringe filled with the same clear solution that Dr. Nova had in her possession in the other.

Mettaton smirked cruelly and said, "I don't want to do this, but I think your condition is bad enough to send you to the psychiatrists to receive intensive care a bit sooner than I thought. What do you think, darling?"

"You're insane!" Frisk yelled hopping off the couch and trying to be brave. "I'm not crazy, and you know that!"

"What I know, my dear Frisk, is that your behavior is getting more violent and more unpredictable, and as your father, I'm the only one who can do anything about it," Mettaton replied standing up and approaching Frisk until he was backed up against the vanity. "So please, sit still and let Daddy get you ready to go see the lovely psychiatrists for the rest of the afternoon."

"NO!" Frisk screamed running around Mettaton and heading for the door. "I WON'T LET YOU! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND LET ME GO BACK TO MY FAMILY!"

Unfortunately, Frisk felt the floor drop under him and he fell through a trapdoor into the chair in front of the vanity. Mettaton held him in place by his shoulder and used the other hand to hold the covered syringe dangerously close to Frisk's bare neck.

"Darling, I am your legal father," Mettaton said with a haughtier smirk that before. "I have to do what I think is best for you."

"I don't wanna go!" Frisk yelled in a panic with tears forming at the corners of his eyes. "Please don't make me! I'll do anything!"

At the last comment, Mettaton's demeanor appeared to change. He dropped the straight-jacket on the floor and put the syringe back into his side compartment. With one hand Mettaton cupped Frisk's face. With the other, he started wiping his tears away. Frisk tensed at the touch, but he couldn't move or stop shaking.

"Darling," Mettaton said with a calmer voice than before. "All I want you to do is stop trying to run away from me. That's all. If you do that, I promise you won't go to intensive psychotherapy today. Can you do that for me, dear? Hmmm?"

As more tears blinded his vision, Frisk closed his eyes, turned his head away, and reluctantly said, "Yes, I'll stop running away. Just please don't send me away to get brainwashed."

Mettaton smiled, picked Frisk up, sat down on the couch with him, and held him tightly while he stroked his back.

"Alright, darling, it's a deal," Mettaton said in a more upbeat tone than before. "I'll call the doctors and tell them you're not coming today while you go freshen yourself up in the bathroom for your big performance. Okay?"

Frisk nodded his head meekly as Mettaton finally let him hop off his lap. He walked quickly into the bathroom without turning around while Mettaton pulled out his phone to make his call.

As soon as Frisk got into the bathroom, he shut the door and locked it behind him. Frisk then fell on his knees and started hyperventilating while he texted updates to his family and prayed for a solution