Chapter 8

"Did you change your mind, kid?" the familiar creepy voice said making Frisk freeze in terror as he slowly looked up to see Flowey. "I've been getting tired of waiting. Are those two getting in your way? I could get them out of the way if you wanted me to."

Impulsively, Frisk grabbed a handful of snow and threw it at him. Flowey dodged it just in time.

"Woah," he said mockingly. "Look who has more determination than before. Let's look at your health stats. Shall we?"

Flowey pulled Frisk's soul out to look at his health stats and said, "Look at that. Two whole points. For you, that's pitiful, but what did I expect? You did try to drown yourself in the river after all."

Frisk's eyes flashed in fear, an expression that Flowey had missed.

"Yes, I saw that," Flowey said. "And I must admit that was clever. There was no way I could have retrieved your soul from that river. It would have disappeared long before I could have had the chance to grab it. Too bad that didn't work and it's not going to work again. If only those two hadn't got in the way..."

Frisk looked away to hide his tears, but he wasn't very successful.

"Awww!" Flowey said even more mockingly than before. "I know. You just want all the pain to stop. Don't you? You want all the guilt and sadness you feel to vanish into dust, like they did before you worked your magic. You want everyone to have a happy ending, but it's never gonna happen. No, never, no matter how many times you carve your spell."

Frisk looked down at the scars on his arms, and Flowey looked around to make sure that they were in fact alone.

"Good," Flowey said. "It looks like I'll be able to do what I came for after all. Look, boy, I know that you're HP was 1 when they pulled you out of that river. Now, it's at 2. What happened? Come on. You know you can tell your old friend, Flowey. They raised your spirits. Didn't they? Ordinarily, that would make this game more interesting, but yesterday, I was so close to retrieving a soul. You can't imagine how good that felt. When your determination is completely restored, it will be business as usual and I'll have to wait even longer to get what I want. I'm tired of waiting. So, how about we end this game now, just like you wanted?"

"No," Frisk said quietly as he crawled backwards as quickly as he could and tried getting on his feet to run away while Flowey stretched his vines towards him.

He tried screaming, but Flowey wrapped his vines around his hands, feet, and his mouth and pulled him out into the snow.

"Shhh...." Flowey said while Frisk struggled before he electrocuted him into submission. "Stop making so much noise, child. The adults are busy. You wouldn't want to bother them. Would you? Why don't we go somewhere quieter and have some fun?"

Flowey looked around making sure they were still alone and went underground while dragging Frisk in the direction of the river in the shadows on the surface. For Frisk, it was a terrifying ride as he struggled all he could but could not escape his grip until they made it to the river.

"We're here," Flowey sang out surfacing once they had arrived. "Your last destination. Now, this is the ending you deserve. Getting baptized into the service of the god you tried to defy. Yes, this is just perfect."

Flowey picked Frisk up and held him just barely over the surface of the river so that he was staring at his own reflection. Flowey was giddy with excitement.

"I'm feeling generous, kid," Flowey said. "So, about this? If you drown quickly and don't struggle, I'll spare the lives of your skeleton friends. If not, well, their deaths will be the most painful of...AHHHHH!"

Flowey shrieked in surprise and dropped Frisk into the river. He swam upwards to see what had happened. It was Sans. He had picked Flowey up by his soul telekinetically.