Chapter 92

Frisk played several more ragtime songs before he took a break to drink some water. He had been so lost in his oncoming memories that he had almost forgotten about his new mission.

Mettaton, who had been waiting silently up to this point, leaned on the piano and said, "You're quite the talented musician, darling. You have promise."

"Thanks," Frisk said without looking at him.

"I can't wait to take you home and train you with the best musicians in the underground," Mettaton said standing up and posing dramatically.

"I can," Frisk muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" Mettaton asked raising a non-existing eyebrow.

"What? I didn't say anything," Frisk lied looking at him with an innocent smile.

"Sure, you didn't, darling," Mettaton said sarcastically. "But you should know that you can't outdo me when it comes to sass."

Frisk rolled his eyes and put back his water bottle before Mettaton said, "Anyhow, my lovely audience, our next obstacle course will begin right after these messages from our sponsors."

Mettaton laid on top of the piano, folded his arms behind his head, and said, "Oh, Frisk, dear, you were absolutely marvelous! Now for the next obstacle course, I'm going to need you to head back to the studio in front of the live studio audience. During the obstacle course, you will play corresponding music to add drama to the scene for my viewers there and my viewers at home. Can you handle that, darling?"

"Yeah," Frisk said with an apathy that belied his excitement. "No problem. Can I go to the bathroom?"

"Of course," Mettaton said turning over on his belly to look Frisk in the eyes. "I'll have Burgerpants take you, but before you go, I just have one thing to say to you. Well, it's more of a warning really. Your behavior has improved exponentially, but you'd be stupid to think I completely trust you. If you do anything to purposefully ruin my show, you will wish curse the day you were born. Is that understood, love?"

"Yes, sir," Frisk said looking at the floor and pretending to be afraid of him.

"I'll be putting Burgerpants in charge of you until Calibri gets back just to be sure," Mettaton replied sitting up on the piano. "If you do anything wrong, they'll tell me immediately."

It took everything Frisk had to not burst out laughing at Mettaton's reply. This plan was working far too perfectly.

"Got it," Frisk said before realizing something important. "Wait, does Calibri know where I'll be?"

"I just texted him the location," Mettaton replied hopping to his feet. "He should. Why?"

"Uh," Frisk said searching for a good answer. "I really want to perform with Calibri. I just didn't want him to not know where we were."

"Fair enough," Mettaton said opening a trapdoor in the ground with his feet. "Frisk, Burgerpants, follow me to the next stage."

Burgerpants and Frisk walked over to the trapdoor and jumped through it back to the backstage area where this whole fiasco began.

"Okay, my dears," Mettaton said closing the trapdoor behind him to open another one. "I'm going to the next stage. Inferno will let you know when to begin. Until then, I look forward to seeing your performance. Ta ta!"

Mettaton jumped through the backdoor leaving the two friends alone. Frisk and Burgerpants smirked at each other in excitement, but before they could say anything, Inferno came over.

"Frisk, do you need to use the bathroom?" Inferno asked.

"Yeah, and Burgerpants does, too," Frisk said grabbing onto Burgerpants' hand before he started pulling him down the hall to the bathroom behind him.

Inferno looked back at them feeling a mix of hopeful suspicion and helpless worry.