Chapter 34

Sans sat at the table while Undyne finished up dinner. Since Frisk had given him his memories, he could remember everything from his point of view. Sans even remembered a little bit of what happened before he fell.

The day Frisk fell had been normal until it came to its close.

Frisk walked past all the buildings he typically did on his way to the library. The backpack on his back only sagged slightly on his back. He knew well to keep it light. Frisk walked briskly because there was somewhere he had to be.

Evening was there, and the library was going to be closing soon. It was time for him to climb through the unlocked window as he did every day and hide somewhere quiet until the janitor left so that he could spend the night.

Frisk sighed heavily, but he did not see his breath. The air was crisp and cool. Dried leaves danced around his feet from the warmly colored trees planted in the sidewalk and the trees in the park across the street. Autumn would soon advance to winter. Fortunately, though, Frisk had an old oversized coat on over his striped sweater to keep him warm in addition to an old worn black Hogan hat on his head.

His thoughts were occupied as he turned into the alley where he usually went to sneak into the ornately decorated library. Before he kept going, Frisk turned around to look at the late afternoon sun that was lighting up the sky. It filled him with determination, and he created a save file.

Frisk then turned and kept going until he found the open window that led into the library's lower floor bathroom. Just as he crouched down to open it however, a police officer approached him.

"Hey, Frisk!" one of the officers dressed in a blue-armored uniform with a dark brown moustache and a gold earring that complemented his tan complexion said. "Whatcha doin' there?"

Frisk immediately stood up and said, "Uh, nothing. I just dropped something. What's going on, Officer Daniels?"

"I'm just patrolling the area for street kids."

"Oh, really…"

"Yeah, since that one kid was found dead last week, we've really been facing pressure to get kids off the streets and into the orphanages where they'll be safe."

"Okay…"

"You haven't seen any street kids? Have you?"

"Not today," Frisk said calmly turning around so he could enter the library through the entrance. "But I'll let you know if I see any. I have to go. My parents are waiting for me inside."

The officer didn't say anything but allowed Frisk to keep walking for a second before he sighed deeply and said, "I was hoping you would tell me the truth, Frisk."

Frisk's heart was beating in his chest, but he turned around and said as calmly as he could, "Officer, what are you talking about? I don't understand."

Officer Daniels walked more quickly in Frisk's direction and said sadly, "I know you've been lying to us, Frisk. You've been lying to a bunch of people about your parents being alive. We know. We did an investigation. You've been running from social services for over two years now."

Frisk slowly backed up towards the street and said, "I don't know what you're talking about. My parents aren't dead."

"Yes, they are, Frisk. You can stop lying now. Your full name is Frisk Tobius Fox. Your parents were Franc and Necese Fox. They worked in the special magic forces to protect the city from escaping monsters. They died after fighting a noble battle. In their will, they asked for you to be put in the orphanage where they grew up, so you could be looked after by the nuns who raised them until you're adopted, or you turn 18. You went missing the night they died, and until now, no one has been able to track you…"