Chapter 43

Flowey opened his eyes and saw nothing but a blur. He tried lifting his head, but his head felt like it weighed much more than it did. Flowey couldn't understand why he felt so weak.

He blinked until his vision finally began to clear. In the meantime, Flowey inched his head forward in the damp soil until he hit something solid and stony. He then froze in realization. It was a flower pot.

In a panic, Flowey used all the energy he had left to lift his head over the edge of the pot, so he could look around and rested it on the edge. He looked around to see the bell jar and the lasers and cameras that surrounded it. It did not take Flowey long to figure our where he was or to recall his last memory before blacking out.

"Did ya sleep well, weed?" Flowey heard a familiar, annoying voice say.

Flowey looked past the bell jar and all the lasers and finally saw through the glass at the end of his cell to see Sans.

"Smiley trash bag," Flowey said weakly.

"You're quite a sight yourself," Sans said.

"Where am I?"

"I'll give you one guess."

"The lab."

"Bravo."

"Why?"

"To save your pathetic ass. You shouldn't thank me too much, though. It wasn't my idea. It was the kid's."

"What?" Flowey asked bolting straight-up in his pot.

"Yeah," Sans said. "I wanted to kill ya."

"How generous of you," Flowey said sarcastically while hunching over.

"It really is," Sans said darkly. "Because you deserve to die, and it's not just for trying to drown the kid. It's for everything else you did to him before."

Flowey perked up a bit more and said, "So, the little brat told on me?"

"Not exactly," Sans said. "Frisk showed us. He transferred his memories and restored our memories from previous runs with his blood. He thought it would make us let him die, but it backfired completely. Now, Frisk is getting better. No thanks to you."

"Awww. Have you developed a soft spot for him, trash bag?"

At that point, Flowey heard a deep growl. He turned to his right and saw a Gaster Blaster floating right next to him. Flowey's eyes grew large with fear, and he gasped audibly.

Sans laughed and said, "Absolutely. Unlike you, the kid has done everything he could to make up for his mistakes and driven himself crazy trying to change the world. I can't help but feel for him. Besides, Frisk's a good kid."

"You're quite forgiving to someone who killed your little brother," Flowey said coldly.

"Well, it wasn't completely his fault now was it? Who was it that manipulated an angry and confused boy into being his goddamn child soldier again?" Sans asked showing more anger than before as the Gaster Blaster inched closer to Flowey who was frozen in fear. "Who is it that tried psychologically mind-raping said kid into insanity? Most recently with his drugged nectar? Who is it that repeatedly killed monsters who befriended him just because he got bored?"

Flowey turned back to Sans and looked at him fearfully.

"Oh, yeah," Sans said in a darkly serious tone that Flowey knew well. "I know all about that too, weed, and believe me…I am pissed."

"Sans, stop!" Alphys said over the intercom. "That's enough. He needs to rest. Leave him alone."

Sans reluctantly took a deep breath and made his Gaster Blaster disappear. He then turned around and started walking away.