𝕁𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕦𝕤

You ran around the entire Butterfly Mansion, calling out Tanjiro's name. You dashed outside, and when you went to the side of the mansion, you peeked around the corner to see him and Kanao talking. You immediately felt furious. You were jealous that he was talking to Kanao. When he started running your way, you slipped away into the shade, behind Aoi.

"What are you doing Y/N?" Aoi said rather loudly.

"Shhh! I'm hiding!"

"Hiding from who?!"

You looked at her and looked around, then stared at Kanao. You frowned and sighed. Aoi looked at Kanao too, she had seen Tanjiro talking with her earlier, and then realized it.

"Are you jealous?"

"Jealous of who?" You heard a voice behind you say.

You quickly turned around to see Tanjiro.

"I'm not jealous of anyone! You guys are crazy!" You crossed your arms.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Why would I want to be jealous of anyone?"

"Hm. I dunno, I guess you're right. You really aren't one to be jealous." Tanjiro said thoughtfully.

"Exactly!"

You slapped Tanjiro on the back of his head and started scolding him playfully.

"Now go get back to training!" You shouted as he rushed over to where he usually trained.

"You are jealous. I know you are." Aoi said.

"Shh.."

TANJIROS POV.

Y/N was acting kind of weird when I asked if she was jealous. She was probably upset I was eavesdropping. She isn't one to be jealous, right? She would never lie about something like that..or would she? Not everyone likes sharing their feelings. If she was jealous.. could she have been jealous of Kanao? No, Tanjiro. Stop thinking about her being jealous. She could never be jealous.

You were embarrased. Too embarrased to even talk to Tanjiro. You watched as him and Kanao would talk everyday, and you got more and more upset. Tanjiro had noticed this and was a bit concerned.

"I don't understand. What's so great about Kanao that makes him like her?" You ask Aoi.

"How do you even know he likes her?"

"Well I-"

"You can't just assume things. He may, or may not like her."

"I guess you're right."

The thought of him liking Kanao made you sad. You began to cry, not even realizing it. You felt Aoi hug you and you hugged her back, your sobs muffled in her shoulder. Tanjiro saw this and came over.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Aoi answered as quickly as possible, trying to end the conversation with him.

He hugged you, and Aoi let go. You cried into his neck, sobbing and hugging him tighter. It was embarrasing to cry in front of someone like this, but you still felt like he actually cared. You broke the hug, wiping your tears as Tanjiro looked at you.

"I guess it's hard not being with your bestfriend." He said, laughing nervously.

"Yeah, it is. And having them not being by your side is even worse."

You felt his hands wrap around yours and you looked up at him to see him smiling. You smiled back, happy to be comforted by his warm smiles.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I FEEL LIKE THIS IS CUTE BUT KINDA CRINGE AT THE SAME TIME 😭

WORD COUNT: 540.