Chapter 1

|Ch.1

____________

____________

"It was such a pity that our young lady had to go through all these stuff. Young lord,is it true that his grace,your father brought her without an explanation? Is she really not his daughter?"

An old man in his sixties asked. He was a Duke from another household but he terribly lacked manners. How dare he ask such a personal question. He dared to come unannounced and had the nerve to ask for a tea.

The young man infront of him put down the tea cup on the table in between them and looked at the scenery around him. He had prepared the tea outside the manor since he did not want this trashy man stepping foot into his house. He badly wished to gag out his tongue and murder him on the spot but he had to refrain himself to maintain the peace among the households.

"You quite have the nerve to ask a question like that. Why does it matter whether the young lady is my father's child or not? "

The old man was flustered as he was reminded his own place by a young man like him. Yet,he could do nothing since the young man is a part of the most influential dukal household,pendragon. This Duke family is more influential than the imperial family. Even royals have mind their tongue infront of a pendragon.

"My apologies, I have quite a habit of babbling nonsense out of friendliness"

Friendliness, my ass,...The young man thought devilishly.

"Young lord,if you don't mind,is it fine to see our young miss? I have brought few gifts —"

The young man would have pulled out his sword immediately to remind this arrogant man's place but stopped hearing a loud scream from afar.

"YOUNG MISS!!!PLEASE STOP!!"

"YOUNG LADY! PLEASE BE CAREFUL! YOU ARE GOING TO FALL LIKE THIS!!"

"SOMEBODY STOP THAT HORSE!!"

The young man sighed heavily as he saw his horse running around the Manor with his new sister on its back. The girl seemed to be enjoying it a lot with the way she is screaming incoherent words. Her lips and eyes were wide open as she rode the horse. She doesn't seem to know how to ride yet she was clinging onto the horse like her life depends on it which really is the case.

The young man put two fingers into his lips and whistled.

The horse immediately changed its direction and made a run towards the young man.