Season 3|Chapter 118

|Ch.118

___________

It was not a war to gain power. It was a war between your own loved ones. To go against your precious person,one must have a heart of steel. Turn off your emotions,kill your feelings,make your precious person your enemy.

Taehyung blocked Zeva's mana attack with his defense mana shield. Few days ago,they were entangled in the bedsheets kissing each other's bodies in this winter camp. But now,they are trying to kill each other in the same grounds. The sea was beside them,maritime soldiers were attacking massive sea serpents who were summoned by Nabi to deal with the maritime army. These sea serpents responds well to the mana energy,the larger you receive mana energy,the obedient they become. And that's why it was Zeva's duty as the person with the largest mana energy,to control these beasts.

She destroyed numerous ships by controlling these serpents but it came to a halt when Taehyung interfered. That's how the both of them came to this point where they were trying to kill each other.

Taehyung knew that if it was a competition with mana energy,then Zeva would win but unfortunately,this was a war. The person with the best mana control would be the victor here. There is literally no one who could beat Taehyung in a game of mana control. It was not about quantity,it was about quality.

Fusing mana with air,water,earth,and fire and mastering how to control these natural elements with ease,even using mana to sense the every sensitive spot in the space,feeling the flow of mana in one's body,gaining control over a human body or your own body,these are few aspects to controlling mana. And Taehyung was a grandmaster level mage.

Compared to him,Zeva's control was not even closer to his level. Zeva could have learnt these things if she asked him during the past 8 years but she did not. Because to her,Taehyung was not a mage,he was just Taehyung who accompanied her during every cold night. He was Taehyung who looked straight into her deadly eyes. He was Taehyung who became the father of her child. She had more important things than learning how to control mana.

But right now,she is ready to go down with all the beautiful memories he gave her. But not without a fight. She has to repay Nabi for giving this life to her.

She avoided Taehyung's attack before flying towards a serpent's head. She landed on its head before distributing her mana to all the three sea serpents.

Taehyung cursed out loud seeing the battleships having a hard time dealing with the beasts.

"Prepare the Canons!!"

Taehyung heard the orders from maritime commanders in the ships.

"We need to take down that mage who controls these beasts first!",Another soldier screamed.

"Aim to her !!! Fire!!! Use mana fused Canon balls!!! Hurry!! Kill her first while others distract the beasts!!!"

Taehyung gritted his teeth realising why Zeva literally ignored him now. She did not want to push him to decide anything he did not want. Of course what he did not want was her death. She knew it.

When the first mana Canon ball was fired,it was directly shoot towards her. She was already in a trance as she was fusing her mana with the beasts. Without thinking twice,Taehyung raised the sea water as a shield around her like a huge wave.