Season 3|Chapter 96

|Ch.96

____________

"The Whitelock family and Harris family were cold bloodedly murdered within a night. Two major houses were taken down which resulted in weakening the military powers of the kingdom"

"Harris family was a major military power bank but who would lead their knights if the house masters were murdered? Can we take them under imperial family knight order?"

"Possible. That's the natural way of dealing it. But why couldn't we steal Pendragon knight order since their masters are nowhere to be found?"

"Are you stupid? Everyone knows why it's impossible. Pendragon knight order's loyalty only lies with Pendragons. They will not bend their heads even if king himself appeared infront of them. Besides,I heard they would instantly die if they were to betray the Pendragons. They cannot carelessly work for anyone else without  a direct order from a Pendragon"

The nobles were all discussing the matters in the throne room as Leo sat in the throne while Eva stood beside him as his personal knight.

Leo turned to Eva,"How was the investigation regarding the murder of the two families?"

Eva,"Sir Ethan and Noah are still investigating it. They'll contact us soon after they found something"

Leo sighed and looked at the nobles who were still in their depressed conversation. "Everyone,silence!"

The room fell into a pindrop silent.

Leo,"For now,focus on the civilians. Look after those who were affected by the war and lead the capital civilians into underground city for the time being"

One noble man with a brown hair spoke,"Your majesty,may I speak?"

Leo,"Speak"

"Your majesty,some villages are going through a drought. They demand food and water from the capital. But our hands are tied at this point"

A drought? All of a sudden?

Leo felt his head aching. "We cannot overlook this matter"

"We have to sacrifice some small villages for the sake of the majority",Another nobles spoke. "We absolutely cannot weaken our power"

Leo gritted his teeth hearing what he said. "Do you even hear what you say?! We are sending our support —"

"Your majesty! Please understand! We are at a war! People are dying here too! And we need to provide facilities for those who went to underground putting their trust in us! And we also need to provide for the military! Ever since Pendragons disappeared,a lot of businesses have gone down since they were the ones who were controlling them. Farmers cannot give out what they grew because there is no one to deal with them. Thus,until we take the matters to our hand and deal with them,we absolutely cannot look at the small villages"

Leo felt tongue tied. He felt terrible right now. He thought he would be a better ruler than his father but now he understood that there are things that are out of his control. What should he do?

Just as he was about to say something,the doors to the throne room burst opened revealing a group of priests of the imperial temple. They were in white robes with golden lines running in the robes. Hoods covered their heads and only revealed their lips under the hood.