Season 3|Chapter 95

|Ch.95

_____________

Prince Leo was standing in the balcony of his chamber as he gazed at the night sky. It was a long day for him. Calming down the nobles and citizens were such a difficult task that he even wanted to run away.

He gritted his teeth remembering Nakamura's betrayal. He always wanted Nakamura's loyalty to himself ever since they were young. He remembered that whenever he asked Nakamura to give his loyalty to him,the multi colour haired man would always try to stay silent about his answer. He knew Nakamura's desperate wish to return home so he tried to use it to gain his favor but the man didn't seem interested. He thought it was because he didn't wish to work against his savior Jimin Pendragon. So Leo tried to understand Nakamura's reluctance to give his loyalty to the royal family. Bit his hopes went up when he became a imperial knight even though Nakamura didn't voice out his loyalty.

But at the end,his loyalty was with someone unexpected.

Logan,Julia and Lucy also had a pretty good reputation in the kingdom. Logan was always chill and happy. He would always be at your aid whenever something happens. Julia was also reliable. And Lucy,she was a Pendragon blooded person who wad supposed to protect the kingdom. Well,what can anyone say when the most pure blooded Pendragon person was the one to initiate the war against their own kingdom,lady Hazel Pendragon.

Lucy would somewhat be able to escape the Pendragon curse since she is not a pure blood but what about Hazel?

"Your majesty"

Leo sighed when he heard Eva's voice from behind him.

"Your father's condition is not good. You should go and see him"

Leo caressed his face tiredly. The time to take upon the throne has come. "I...always dreamt to take the throne with Hazel by my side",he said.

Eva looked down.

Leo,"You know,I always wanted to destroy the Pendragon family but when I realised I was in love with a Pendragon, it had me thinking twice about my plans. I didn't want to hurt her",...."I tried to find a way to take control of the kingdom without destroying the Pendragon family. So.....I went to the anti Pendragon organisation hoping to find a way. I wanted to know what they were planning for the future of the kingdom. But do you know what I found?"

Eva,"...what is it?"

Leo chuckled as he was in a despair,he seemed like he'd gone mad. Gripping the railing tightly,he spoke,"Emerald told me that it was the era of Pendragons' destruction. Literal destruction. Their doom. Their damnnation"

Eva widened her eyes slowly.

Leo,"And that was what Lucian had planned for them. They were God's slaves so they will die as slaves who were shamed by the very land of people they protected"

Eva covered her mouth with her palm in disbelief.

"Isn't it ironic?",Leo smiled sadly. "We all wanted their destruction but when they were at their destruction,we need them the most now because our destruction is at the gates of our lives"

"They had a twisted way to protecting us but they still protected us",Leo continued. "They did wrong,we did wrong,who could tell who is wrong and who is right? And now I understand,it wasn't always about good or evil,it wad about power. We were always chasing power. And revenge. What kind of life is this?",Leo's eyes glistened under the moon light as a tear slipped away. He gazed at the stars with so much longing for someone. "If I just didn't try to chase power,would she have noticed me? If I didn't try to destroy her family,would she have been mine?"