Chapter 9

"I've become so numb,

I can't feel you there,

Become so tired,

So much more aware,

I'm becoming this,

All I want to do,

Is be more like me,

And be less like you"

-Linkin Park

***

**

*

**

***

Chapter 9

Eva's POV

***

My eyes suddenly snapped open, starring straight at my ceiling in the pitch darkness of the night.

My body stayed frozen, my heart beating normally, my skin slightly cold from the light layer of sweat that had chilled during my sleep.

I couldn't be sure how long I had remained that way, paralyzed by my own fear of moving. It was as if that I happen to dare move my eyes or body, something would pounce onto me.

I mentally slapped myself, before slapping my hand and dragging it down my face.

This is what my thoughts mainly consisted of. Unreal fears that held no meaning.

There was only one thing that could cure this, what I was feeling at the moment.

I rolled my body to the right side of the bed, ignoring it's protest to try to get more sleep. I definitely could not sleep again.

Pushing myself up, I placed my feet on the ground, standing up slowly.

My eyes quickly glanced at the sleeping figure that was chained to the wall. My wall. My chains. My sleeping figure.

Shaking my head, I slowly headed towards the door, trying hard not to wake him.

His head was tilted right on the wall, facing my bed, and his arms seemed relaxed and tense free. Some of his loose hair swooped across his forehead, slightly curling under his ears, and his sharp jaw.

Even with the sudden butterflies, I had to admit, if we weren't in the situation we were currently in, I may have said that this big bad alpha chained to my wall looked like a sweet peaceful angel.

So defenseless.
So vulnerable.

I couldn't stop the small smile on my lips as I looked at him. He looked like he was a good person, for underneath that semi-hard exterior, I could see such innocence.

He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve to spend his time chain up to my wall, just to be my eye candy.

My hand touched the door handle, and I twisted it, opening the door and peeking into the hallway.

"What's wrong?" his sudden velvet voice said out loud, covered in a hoarse sleepiness, stopping me midway in the door. I paused in the doorway, staring into the hall with big 'I-have-been-caught' wide deer-in-headlights eyes.

Seriously? He had to wake up?

I turned around silently, narrowing my eyes at him.

"None of your business," I whisper hissed at him, turning around and closing the door behind me.