Chapter 21

Chapter 21

My paws pounded on the ground as I ran through the dark forest. Only the smell of nature and dirt filled my nostrils, calming me.

I couldn't stop the thoughts that rushed through my head though. I mean, was Will really himself right now?

I could understand that Derek and his existence was a surprise to both of us, but Will was my mate and didn't need to be jealous, after all I do love him.

Maybe you should have just been a lesbian and saved you the hassle that comes with stupid men, Brain said in my subconscious.

I thought about it actually, then I came to the conclusion that women were just as difficult as men. Both genders were hormone animals that needed to be tamed.

Why don't I just go be a nun at a faraway land, away from all this wolf-$hit drama?

You? A nun? Brain laughed sarcastically. You'd be one naughty sister!

I mean, hell, out of all the crap that could have happened to me, I get stuck with one of those love triangle things?

I shook my wolfy head, ready to start ramming into the stupid trees.

You know, if you add one more person to the mix, it could be a love square! Brain stated excitedly. Sometimes, I wonder if it's some holy lord speaking to me in my head, and then I realize it must be a pedo angel who has nothing better to do than criticize my life.

I snapped out of my thoughts once I caught a whiff of Derek's scent. It smelled like a mix of dirt and sweat, which surprisingly didn't smell as bad as it sounded. It was weird, but you could also smell the anger encircling his scent.

Holy Ostrich of the Great Beyond, help guide me in this journey into the dark and unknown parts of the wolf subconscious!

The smell of humidity soon met me, becoming my escort to the lonely wolf sitting by the lake side.

It was a beautiful night, the quarter moon shinning into the still water of the random lake.The fireflies gleamed alone in certain areas, the little bugs making life just buzz in the air.

 It was breathtaking because literally the air caught in my throat and I thought I was having a mini heart-attack!

It didnt take my more than a minute to drop my clothes from my mouth and dress in the forest before emerging. He knew I was here because it was just another wolf instinct, and seriously, who wouldn't have heard that heart-attack I was having from that damn firefly.

I didn't know exactly how to approach this stranger, sitting under the tree that hung over the lake.

His back became physically rigid as I neared him, taking cautious steps.

"Leave,'' he merely commanded me without looking, his elbows on his knees.

Like him of all people could command me.

''Uh huh. Whatever you say,'' I said, frowning and crossing my arms. I starred at his back, glaring holes into his tan back.

Wonder what his butt feels like, Brain mused.

That statement suddenly made me go still, my face burning red. Thankful that it was night, I mentally blocked Brain from speaking. The stupid pedophile!

Something made him turn around then, his piercing chocolate eyes peering into mine, slowly scanning my body.

''Go back, I don't need an explanation,'' he voiced, tearing his eyes off me and back onto the unmoved lake.