Chapter 7: Werewolf dodgeball

I looked behind me at Carol.

She was a couple hundred yards away, sweating and panting along with the rest of the class. I laughed jogging back into the gym.

The weather was cooking outside ,and the fact that I was wearing cotton cloths didn't help. I had a bunch of energy still left in me.

I went towards the line the coach was pointing me to. It was the boys on left girls on right line. There were a couple boys and I was the only girl.

The couple guys were sitting and talking all buff looking. They probably ran all the laps unlike me and Carol who goofed all the way and were now covered in sweat which was kinda cute.

I pushed the thoughts away and sat crossed-legged on the floor with my elbows on my knees and my forehead in my hands. I closed eyes briefly and opened it dragging my hands through my hair. I gathered all my hair and slipped off the hair tie on my wrist tying my hair in a ponytail.

After about 10 minutes of me sitting there bored ignoring all the guys talking beside me to whoever knows who. I had seen Carol come in red and panting. At least she made it right?

I was about to zone out once again when coach's voice boomed through the gym.

"Alright you wolves!" which I found a bit offensive,"Today we're going to play a hard-core version of dodge ball!"

There were a few boo's and yay's. I actually wanted to play. I just hoped he wasn't stereotypical and would make girls on one team. They were always like 'Oh my gosh the balls going to hit my head!' or 'I think I broke a nail!' which was annoying. Seriously annoying.

Yeah, some would call me a tomboy ,but I can assure to you that I'm not. I am very girly but also like sports. What can I say? Their fun. Back to our current moment.

"Alright Ladies left court, guys right! Mush!" Now he was really pushing the fact that we're wolves.

I felt a small growl escape my throat ,but thank God no one heard it.

I stood up sighing and Carol bouncing nervously next to me.

"Eva, I don't like dodge ball," she whispered as all the guys cheered that this was going to be super easy.

As hell!

"Sokay Carol, I can be your shield," I smiled charmingly at her, making her laugh and nodd.

Yes, I can be a team player. Sometimes.

We passed Megan and her group at the farthest of the gym as she frowned disgustingly at me. I shoot her daggers. May I also say that they were poisonous, which made her look away quickly.

"Get ready!" Coach's voice boomed.

Carol nervously went slightly behind me.

A huge flat screen turned on showing the whole game. I guessed that was so coach could see us all.

"Get set!"

I got in a ready position, to be able to move more quickly. All the dodge balls were in the middle.

"Go!''and everyone went into motion. Well, most of the guys and some brave-hearted girls. I would have gone ,but I seriously wanted to get Carol to survive this.

Bright orange dodge balls went flying ever where. The score board started with 16 guys and 16 girls and slowly decreased. Well, mostly ours.

We had 13 to 10. 10 being the girls.

"Common Carol, let's show these guys how to play" I whispered to her.

She looked at me and slowly nodded.