Chp 169 - Piper's POV

A/N: Oh, boy. I dont even know if people still read this fic, but...  Get ready because their weekend 18th-19th is going to be busy. This chapter and the next four ones all happen at the same time (and MAYBE we will be getting a new character in one of those... I wonder who could that be...). I barely have a fictional week to write and too many things I want to add, so the chapters will overlap even more. Many things have been happening in my life and I was not in a mental place to write. But I have started therapy again and already have a career change in my plans, so hopefully things will keep improving and I'll keep writing.

SATURDAY, 18th February

Stepping aside to avoid the girl leaving the store, Piper adjusted her earbuds – which in her experience, made people less likely to talk to her and more understanding if she didn't listen at first, which was useful while talking with Trish - and entered making a straight line to the section she was interested in.

How could you even lose every single hair tie of the dozens I own?

Excuse me? There were only three and I've been making miracle these past few months. If there were dozens like you say, you were the one to lose them before I came.

Hm... no, I'm pretty sure there were dozens when you came.

I've been living your life for the past few months, why do you think you can lie to me?

Do you have proof it's a lie?

Seriously? Do Claire even put up-

A parfum trail made her turn to see the girl passing behind her and the long, glossy hair tickled a memory in her brain.

Oh.

What?

Nothing, that girl just... looked familiar.

You think it might be one of your friends?

Not really.

Are you sure?

Yeah, because who she reminded me of is dead. And while not 100% certain, it seems most people dead in our world are also dead here.

Oh. I'm sorry. Were you close?

I never met her, she died before I came to camp. I've only seen her pictures around and heard other campers talking about her, mostly Annabeth.

Were they close?

Well, Silena was the one every camper went to search for relationship advice.

Wait. Wasn't Silena your sister? Half-sister, that is.

Yes, the counselor before Drew, who came before me.

Do you like being counselor?

Huh.

What?

I never thought about it, actually.

... You accepted a job you don't even know if you like?

It's not a job per se, more like a role?

Even worse, you're not even being paid.

I only became a counselor to remove Drew from that spot.

So... it was pettiness.

No. Well... maybe a little. I was the only one who could challenge her. It was less because I was a good choice and more because she was a terrible one.