Chp 142 - Annabeth's POV

Annabeth's Flashback

SATURDAY, 7th January

The whole dining table was staring at her in shock.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Her father kept watching her, but it still made her laugh that his first instinct at hearing that she wanted to start kickboxing classes was to worriedly glance at her brothers.

I mean, if you are going to waste part of my time with something, at least it can be something to make my brothers think twice before messing with me.

"But what about your studies? Soon you'll start the applications."

"That's still a year away and I'm ahead of pretty much everyone."

"Still, don't you think that maybe you won't have enough time..."

Is he doubting me? You. Us.

"Dad, don't you know me? Do you really think I would've decided to change my routine if I wasn't sure I'm capable of managing it?"

"She does have a point, dear."

Yes! See, mom agrees.

"I'm still not sure..."

Oh, for the love of God...

MONDAY, 9th January

"Annie, your father forgot to do the groceries. Again. Would you mind accompanying me?"

"Now?"

"Yes, now. Why, are you busy?"

I just rather use my time... differently.

Please? Can you try to be nice to her? I know you don't have a good relationship with Helen, but...

Helga always treated you like a daughter, got it.

"No, I'm free, just let me put my shoes. Hey, do you think we could go to a couple of places more? I've started a list of places that teach kickboxing."

"I guess we can make time if you can be quick."

***

"And I get this one... no, Annie, it's too heavy for you."

Annabeth leaned back to avoid falling forward with her fifth bag.

Wow, we do need to give you some muscles.

It would be nice to do that BEFORE you pulled a muscle by overworking it!

"I'm good. This way we make only one trip."

"Ok, go ahead and put it in the kitchen."

"On it."

Annabeth did a light juggle to open the door without putting the bags down. The first thing she noticed was the silence and stepping further into the house she could see why. The TV was on the opposite side where it should be, with a spiderweb crack covering all the screen and her brothers were standing, but not moving.

Oh. My. God.

She looked between their faces, frozen in shock and fear, and the destruction that took most of the space.

"Do I want to know?"

Slowly, they shook their heads. She nodded and entered the kitchen.

"Good enough for me. I'm out."