Chp 15 - Frank's POV

(A/N: Because I'm lazy, Wednesday)

F: Hey, enjoying detention?

P: Who is this?

F: Frank

Frank waited from an answer and was almost giving up when his phone lit up.

P: FRANK? YOU MEAN, THE FRANK? THE ZHANG FRANK? WHAT THE HADES, YOU'RE HERE TOO? HOW I DIDN'T SEE YOU? WAIT, YOU MUST BE IN THE FOOTBALL TEAM, I AVOID THEM AS MUCH AS I CAN! FRANK! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WAIT, HOW DID YOU GOT THIS NUMBER? AND WHO ARE YOU HERE?

F: Forgot how to turn off caps lock, Percy?

P: Don't mock, Zhang. Just answer me.

F: Piper gave me your number. Here, I'm Felix. And I saw you when you entered school on Monday.

P: Why you didn't talk to me?

F: Because when I was about to, you ran away, with Reyna chasing you.

P: Ah, right. I forgot about that. But how I didn't see you? You're tall and buffy, should be easy to spot.

F: Well, things have changed.

P: How so?

F: I'm not buffy, or tall anymore. Remember when you met me in CJ? I'm like that now.

Percy didn't answered for some minutes, and Frank was worried about what he was thinking.

P: So what? You're still my friend. Sorry to take so long, teacher pestering me here. Just four more weeks of this punishment. Remind me to ask Nico if the Fields of Punishment have a section simulating detention.

F: Speaking of Nico, I think I saw him this morning. But he disappeared right after.

P: Wait, you think he can shadowtravel? Here? Man, that would be so unfair, I would love to control some water, Vanessa would be so screwed.

F: Wasn't she the reason you got detention?

P: Totally worth it. I'd do it all over again.

F: You know you're a hero, right?

P: Yeah, I know, but I have a feeling you're not talking about the whole 'hero of olympus' thing.

F:No, I mean here, in high school. Because of what you did.

P: What I did?

F: Threatened Vanessa? Everyone knows about it. They're all talking about how you'll protect them.

P: Man, why I can't keep my mouth shut? I keep getting myself into trouble, as if being in a body that isn't mine or in a world where I don't belong wasn't trouble enough.

F: Hero complex?

P: Annabeth would say stupid complex. Maybe Seaweed Brain complex.

F: Have you seen Annabeth here?

P: No, I haven't, and that's killing me.

F: Have you tried asking Jason or Piper if they have any class with her? And you did not see her in the hallway, or outside of school or something? I think you would recognize her in a blink.

P: Have you seen Hazel?

F: No, she would be the shy girl, remember? She would hide from everyone and I have no idea where to start looking for her. If she is in high school.

P: Good point, but I have the same age as you, Jason and Piper, so I'm not sure if her age is the same here. But you gave me an idea.

F: How so?

P: You said you wouldn't know where to start looking for Hazel, but I have a pretty good idea where to find Annabeth. Just need to pray she will still be there when I leave detention.

F: Good luck. And to answer your question, I don't think Nico can shadowtravel, only that he's really good finding some hole where he doesn't need to touch or speak with anyone.

P: Makes sense. Hey, was he an EMO? Jason turned out to be the jock.

F: And you're the rebel. Annabeth said you have problems with autorities. Maybe that's why you stood up against Vanessa?

P: She was NOT an autority.

F: But she acted like one. An arrogant and unstoppable one.

P: She acted like a tsoula.

F: Is this greek?

P: Yes.

F: I don't even want to know what this means. Hey, if I see her trying to ruin someone's life, can I threat her in your name?

P: Why don't you threat her yourself?

F: Because I'm not threatening, not anymore. I told you, now I'm like when you first met me.

P: And now I'm scrawny like Leo. It means nothing. What did your mother and grandmother always told you, Frank? You can be anything. So if you want to be threating, you can. If you want to be a hero, you can. If you want to be buffy again, you can. There's nothing stopping you. Wait a second, Peter is talking to me.

Frank was reading Percy's last text for the fifth time when another one arrived.

P: First, Peter says hi to Felix and asks how he's dealing with all this. Second, he asked me to say to you, Frank AND Felix, to hear a song, Hall of Fame, Script. Check it out, I think you're going to like it. Teacher again, talk to you later!

***

Frank was lying in bed, with his eyes closed, listening to the song over and over again.

*You can be the greatest, you can be the best*

I like this line.

*You can be the King Kong banging on your chest*

I believe Percy couldn't stop laughing when he heard that and thought about me.

Why?

I'm a shapeshifter, remember? I can turn into a gorilla if I want. I already did.

How was it?

Okay, I guess. But Percy, and Peter, were right. We can be anything. So what do you say? Want to make those idiots regret picking on you?

Do you really think we can do it?

I was a clumsy sino-canadian, baby-face boy, in probatio. I became praetor, commanded a legion of dead soldiers, fought giants and then lead the Twelfth Legion in a war against an army of monsters. Everything is possible.

*Do it for your people, do it for your pride*

But who is going to train us?

I will. I trained with the legion, and spent some time with the greeks. I know how to do it.

*Do it for you country, do it for your name. 'Cause there's gonna be a day*

Let's do it. I want the Hall of Fame.