Chp 99 - Leo's POV

THURSDAY

Aaaaand... another car done.

What was our time?

Twelve minutes and forty-six seconds.

What is our record?

Nine minutes and three seconds.

We can make it better.

Come on, give me a challenge! I'm bored. I'm bursting with creativity, I need to make something new, and not just fix things.

Leo turned around, just to come face to face with Erica standing a foot from him. He jumped.

"AAAAHHH!"

His scream scared her and she jumped too. While she held a hand over her chest to try and calm her heart, Leo noticed her hair was now in two braids, and with a different tiny flower adorning it, this time a yellow one.

It's winter, but she still looks fresh from spring.

She always looks like a dryad.

She always looks pretty.

"Oh, hey, Sweetpea. You scared me."

She bent to retrieve her white board she dropped when Leo scared her.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention.

"Well, you could try to make some noise before approaching, you don't have to be completely silent."

Leo flinched when he saw her casting her eyes down.

Was that insensible?

I think so?

Gee, thanks dad, for amazing people skills.

Leo decided to not let her focus too much on his slip, and bowed to catch her attention by peripheral vision.

"So, my Lady, how can I serve you on this lovely day?"

Both stopped to look to the shop's entrance, where you could see the street wet and forming puddles from the constant pouring rain since from dawn. Erica turned her head back to Leo and raised an eyebrow, with a smile tugging at her lips.

Lovely?

She can't miss a chance to mess with us, right?

I know what to say, just repeat after me.

"Well, I got to see your smile, which is always a sight for sore eyes, and makes this day lovely."

Dude, that was good.

Well, I've been paying attention to Niel.

We already have the looks, and you want to have the charm too? The other guys won't stand a chance!

They never did.

True.

Erica was just staring at him, blushing furiously. Leo kept waiting for her to curtsy or write something on her board, but she just kept staring at him with round eyes, until he started to feel uncomfortable.

"Anyway, what can I do for you?"

Erica shook her head, trying to compose herself. She started writing something, just to erase before showing him. She did that twice more, before setting to write just one word.