Chp 151 - Leo's POV

A/N: A little bit late for it, I have a question to when you finish reading it: in chapters like this one or even some others, where I have a group interacting and mostly use only dialogues, is it too complicated to follow who is most likely speaking or not? I try to drop some hints of who is speaking to who, what they were doing before or are about to do, and relay even on the characters relationship (like Lucy is kind to Hannah, annoyed at Niel and banter with Nico), but I wonder if it's enough? I feel it would break the rhythm, but I can add more descriptions if it's confusing.

Leo's Flashback

WEDNESDAY, 25th January

"Are you listening to me or not?"

Leo kept staring at Nora like she had grown a second head, which in his opinion, she had.

"I would've said yes, except it sounded like you were trying to invite me over on Saturday, along with Erica and Callie, which would be less than impossible, so the answer is no, I wasn't listening."

She punched his shoulder and even if he tried to conceal as much as he could, it really hurt.

"Idiot. I know Harshad adores you for whatever reason and my adoptive parents like you too, so they might be happy to have you around. But if I'm going to hang around you all day, I need those other girls."

"You know, you could just admit that you enjoyed our company the last time, it's not that hard."

"And inflate your ego? God, no!"

Well, that sounds like an admission.

"And feed your pride by accepting excuses? Gods, no."

"Fine! If you don't want to come, don't."

"I never said I didn't want to come. I only asked for you to admit that you want me to."

Does she really think I'll be intimidated by her glare? I had Annabeth breathing down my neck. AND a pissed Percy, not even counting murderous Piper.

I also got some seriously pissed costumers. And we got Callie.

That too.

They just kept her stare off, both ignoring newly arrived Harshad's question of what was happening. It took several minutes for Nora to crack.

"Fine! I want you guys to come! Happy now?"

"Just peachy. So, what will we be doing? Like, do I need to bring something?"

"I don't know. Eat? I can ask Purnima to prepare something. Watch TV?"

She needs to learn how to plan a get together from Erica.

I absolutely agree.

"Ok, then. Do you want me to let them know?"

"Yeah, thanks. Let's go, Harshad.

"Ok!"

"See you, sis!"

She stopped on her way out to give him an exasperated glare.

"I'm not your sister!"

Leo's only response was a knowing grin, before turning to fix the mess before Ryan came for his head.

***

Callie exchanged a look with Erica, both turning to him in confusion.

"Are you absolutely sure that's what she said?"

Well, at least we weren't the only ones surprised.

"Yes, I am. I even asked her to admit that she WANTED us to come and wasn't inviting out of pity or whatever excuse."