Chp 172 - Hazel's POV

A/N: Curiosity my Brazilian father made me realize after I'VE been living SIX years in Italy: tiramisu (the Italian dessert) can be broken down in tira-mi-su, which means "lift me up". The sheer number of calories could be efficient in helping someone feel more energized, but some legends say that what it was supposed to 'lift' is a bit more... NSFW. This chapter is made of two requests, one of like, 2y or 3y ago that I kept postponing (for lack of published chapters more than anything) and a more recent one. Enjoy! (if anyone has any request for a Will's or Leo's chapter, now it's the moment to do it)

Hazel's Flashback

FRIDAY, 17th February

To say Hazel was surprised to feel her phone vibrating constantly in her jacket as soon as she got home from school was an understatement. She pulled it from her pocket and tried to see what was happening, just to open a group chat she was sure she wasn't part of even five minutes before. There were at least thirty new messages and they kept coming.

Pluto's garden, who in the world are those people?

Check the members; do you remember how to?

Following Hannah's instructions, she managed to find the list of the group members and could feel her eyebrows raising in surprise.

Ok, Niel and Sierra as administrators is not a surprise.

I can guess they are the ones spamming the chat. Who else?

Nico, ok. Frank, yes. Lucy, makes sense. Oh, Reyna as well.

So, the ones who helped assemble my furniture?

Who is Adam?

Do we know an Adam?

I can't remember being introduced to an Adam since I got here.

I can promise the only Adam I ever knew was in second grade and I doubt it's him.

Opening the chat, she skimmed over the messages, ignoring Lucy and Niel provoking each other, Sierra half-flirting with Reyna, Frank and Adam, whoever he was, the three times Reyna left the group chat just to be added back by Sierra, and the six times Nico tried to leave the chat and was dragged back by the two administrators.

They are easily the most chaotic group I'd ever seen.

Which begs the question: who thought making a group chat was a good idea?

There has to be a reason.

As if reading her mind, Sierra changed the name of the chat to 'Save the Date: 02/18'.

Save the date? Is someone getting married?

Is that what save the date means?

Usually? There has to be another meaning, no one is that crazy to marry tomorrow.

... Well...

Yes, I realize they are crazy, but even they can't be that bad.

SATURDAY, 18th February

Adam, as Hazel had discovered the day before, was Reyna's boytoy, in Sierra's words. When he parked in front of her building, she recognized him as the guy that went as Reyna's date to the play. Hazel could already see the praetor in the passenger seat and Lucy waving at her from the backseat. It was a good thing Adam could drive, so they didn't have to squeeze eight people in Niel's car. Lucy moved away from the window so Hazel could enter, wordlessly handing the demigod a candy before she could even buckle in. Hazel raised her eyebrows in a silent question and Lucy thrusted the candy in front of her a second time.