Chp 7 - Piper's POV

Piper's flashback

Piper opened her eyes and stared at the unfamiliar ceiling. She sat up quickly and scanned the room. It was obviously a girl's, even if it wasn't girly. It was really big, with light blue walls, wood floor and papers scattered everywhere. Some with notes, others with drawnings or printed.

Where am I?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WHAT? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I CAN'T MOVE, WHY I CAN'T MOVE?

WHO ARE YOU?

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Piper grabbed her head with both hands.

PLEASE! Stop screaming!

AM I POSESSED? OH MY GOD!

Stop screaming so loud!

Sorry!! Okay, okay, just give me a moment.

Ahn...

I'm good, I'm perfectly fine. So, what do you want?

What do you mean?

Are you a spirit that wants to feel like humans do? Food, drinks, the warm of the sun, the rain pouring...

What? No!

Are you a demon?

No! I'm a girl!

 A dead girl? Were you murdered? And now you're stuck in this world until someone finds your murderer? Is that why you took refuge in my body?

In your...?

Piper looked down, and sure enough that wasn't her body.

You are right, I'm not that skinny, not after joining CHB.

Of course I'm right... wait, what? Who are you calling skinny?

You know what, that's not important. Is this your room?

Yes.

Good, one less mystery.

So what do you remember about him?

About who?

Your murderer. You can talk to me, I'll do anything to help you. Did he kidnap you? Kept you hostage? Was someone you knew? How long ago was it? Wait, are you the girl that went missing while leaving her swimming pratice two weeks ago? All the police is searching for you! Oh, they'll be so disappointed, everyone was sure they'd find you before it was too late. Am I a medium now?

I'm NOT dead.

Oh, poor one, you're still in denial. Maybe that's why you're stuck. Go to the light!

I'd know if I was dead. The last thing I did was... go to sleep, I think.

That was a peaceful death. So how come you're still stuck?

I'm NOT dead. No, I'm not a ghost, and I'm not in denial. I'm a demigod, if I had died, I'd go to the Underworld, take a ride with Caronte, face the judges and all that. I'm 100% sure I'm not dead!