Chp 71 - Leo's POV

(A/N: dedicated to @NathanielWihelm, the creator of Niel and Leo fangirl   ;D   )

"Hey, Leoni! Come here"

Ryan was standing beside a guy a little taller than Leo. He had olive skin and black hair, was wearing dark goth clothes, which combining with the red bandana, strongly reminded Leo of a pirate. The guy smiled, before extending his hand to Leo.

"Ahoy! I'm Niel"

"Ahoy to you too, I'm Leo"

Ryan patted both on the shoulders.

"Good, you're introduced, off to work now, we're busy today"

***

Leo had finished his car earlier than he though and was spending his free time in a little project he had started.

"So, what kind of invention, fixing, trickering or pranking are you doing?"

Leo jumped and almost had a heart attack when Ryan's nephew, Niel, spoke right behind him.

"Gods, don't scare me like that!"

Niel chuckled before moving from behind Leo to his side, looking at Leo's working table.

"And you didn't answer me. What are you doing, mate?"

Leo looked to the scattered pieces poorly painted in red and yellow.

"Hum... a hobby"

Niel picked a large piece from the pile and turned in his hands.

"This looks like a chest plate, except it has a hole right where the heart is supposed to be. Are you going to keep it like this? Or are you considering put something to fill it? Maybe an arc reactor?"

Leo looked up at this.

"How did you know?"

Niel rolled his eyes.

"Come on, I took you for someone smarter. If I can fix a car, I can look to a few pieces and recognize an Iron Man costume when I mentally assemble them"

They yelled together.

"Avengers, assemble!"

Both grinned before Niel motioned to the pieces.

"Are you planning to wear it today? Have you decided if you want to save the world, make the ladies swoon or just watch the world burn?"

Leo rolled his eyes.

Make the ladies swoon. / Make the ladies swoon.

Obviously. / Obviously.

"I'm Iron Man, not Superman or the Joker, so obviously make the ladies swoon. Not that I have to make an effort for that, but... Anyway, I was planning to, but there are a few things missing, so it's not ready yet"

"So finish it"

"I'm fast, but I can't finish it for tonight in just my free time. And I can't stop working"

Niel nodded, thinking.

"Tell you what, we take a run now to buy the last pieces, and I'll help you on my free time too"

"Deal"

***