Chp 98 - Nico's POV

WEDNESDAY

Nico could barely contain his laugh when Lucy entered the classroom and caught side of Niel sitting behing Nico. She tried to conceal her scowl while sitting on the row besides Nico. She tried to smile at him, but frowned when she looked at his wrist.

"Nanni, where is the bracelet I gave you?"

Oh, gods, not that damned thing again.

"Nanni. Put. It. On."

No way.

"No need to be shy, Sticks, put it on."

Lucy sighed before turning to a smirking Niel with a scowl.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be? Like your OWN class?"

Niel leaned against the back of his chair, finishing with a wink.

"Nah, I'm good, Wench. I'm doing this for you too."

This nickname really ticks her off.

Another week of this, and her eye will be twiching.

I'm laughing just trying to imagine.

"DON'T call me Wench. And what do you mean, doing it for me?"

Niel sighed while making a martyr expression.

"I know I'm a sight to behold. I can see how your eyes go round and ye swallow when see me."

Lucy took a deep breath and closed her eyes to avoid looking at Niel's smirk.

"It's just a reaction. My eyes go round in surprise to find you in the most unusual places, and I swallow so I don't puke everytime I see you."

Wow, she's quick to answer.

He's better.

Niel looked to the ceiling for a couple of seconds, considering her answer. He looked at her with a sympathetic smile.

"Hum. Weird reaction. Don't worry, Wench, sooner or later, yer body will learn how to react properly to my presence."

Lucy's breath got choppy, and Nico could see the red spreading in her face and neck under her tanned skin.

"You..."

"See, flaming cheeks and an uneven breathing. I told ye your body would learn."

"What!?"

Niel smirk slowly opened to a full grin.

"I can see how excited you're with my presence."

That set Lucy off, she leaned in the boys' direction, to whisper her answer.

"Excited!? Have you lost your bloody mind, Barnacle Lips?"

Niel's smile didn't falter, while he leaned in her direction to whisper back. Nico followed his actions to avoid missing anything.

"Barnacle Lips? Why lips? Have been thinking about kissing me, Wench?"

Lucy got even redder.

"Of course not!! It's because everything that comes from your mouth stinks! And I'm NOT excited, I'm furious! And stop calling me Wench!"