Chp 129 - Frank's POV

A/N: Around 4500 words. Did anyone squeal with the update?

FRIDAY

"Ahem, candy?"

Reyna snapped from her daydream and shifted on the taxi's seat to turn to him.

"What?"

"Do you want some candy? You looked like you had a sour taste in your mouth."

She made a face, before hesitantly taking one.

"I do have a sour taste in my mouth, but I doubt a candy will help."

"Maybe an aspirin?"

The faintest smile crossed her face.

"Maybe a lobotomy. Regina has been giving me a constant headache for the past few days. How is Felix?"

"He has been good. A little tense, but nothing like Regina probably is."

Reyna closed her eyes, leaning back and massaging her temples.

"Tense doesn't it start to cover it."

***

Frank reached for his wallet.

"How much...?"

Reyna passed in front of him, handing the driver her money.

"I got it."

"Reyna..."

She stepped outside, being quickly followed by him.

"Don't even start it, Frank."

"You have to let me help."

She turned to him while they waited for the taxi driver to open the truck.

"To do what? Pay the cab? Don't worry about it, Frank. I'm not Hazel, you don't have to pay for my things."

"Still, we shared it. I should pay half."

"I would spend it to come here alone either way."

"Me too, and we should split it."

He took his bag from the driver, but when he reached for hers, one glare was enough to make him withdrew his hand and let her get her own suitcase. Walking side by side, they entered the airport.

"Frank, I'm going to visit my sister. SHE is paying for my trip, including the taxi to the airport. You met my sister. Do you think it would sit still with her that I need you to pay half when she can pay it all?"

He shrugged, uncomfortable with the memories.

"... I don't know. The only time I interacted with her, she put me away in a cage."

"What about after the battle in New Rome?"

He cleared his throat and looked away when she stared at him.

"Hm... I tried to keep away from the Amazons. Didn't want to tempt them to remember 'good old times' or something."

She didn't laugh, but he could see a smile playing on her lips.

"Afraid of some girls?"

"You know what they can do! How can you judge me for-"

She patted his shoulder, chuckling.

"Hey, I was kidding, relax! Trust me, I know what you meant. Now come. Let me put my luggage away, then we can do the same to you."

***

"I thought security would have stepped up by now."

Frank nodded in agreement. They faced no problems with Reyna's suitcase, but while on the line to do the same to him, a man cut the line to complain about missing his flight. They were far enough to not hear the agent's answers, but the man got louder each minute, punching the counter in anger.