Chp 131 - Reyna's POV

FRIDAY

Pulling a chair from a nearby table, Sierra sat by their table. Frank's eyes widened at seeing what Sierra had bought.

"That has to be the biggest banana split I ever saw in my life."

Handing each of them a spoon, Sierra scoffed.

"Well, they named it 'Explosion of Calories'; if it was small, we would have a problem. And before you say anything, yes, you're helping me eat it."

"Sierra, we just ate..."

Reyna stopped at Sierra's glare.

"I wasn't asking."

She turned her glare to Frank, who she guessed was less stubborn. He just scooped some ice cream, breathing in relief when she diverted her glare. After a couple of minutes eating in silence, Reyna could feel the heated glare trained on her again.

What is it now?

Let's just get this over with.

"What is it, Sierra?"

"Do you have any idea how your little stunt messed my schedule?"

I'm sorry, what?

"My stunt?"

"Yes, vanishing!"

Reyna furrowed her eyebrows.

"By vanishing you meant getting a cab to the airport?"

"Yes!"

Okay... clearly she lost some screws.

"How did that mess your life?"

Sierra sighed in annoyance and started ticking her fingers.

"First, I had to call my aunt and said I was traveling. Then, I called my dad's assistant and told her to book my flight in the same plane as you."

"How did you know which one was my flight?"

"I didn't, I left that detail for Victoria to figure it out. Then I had to pack REALLY fast, meet with Niel to get my gifts and leave theirs, then I met Adam..."

WHAT!?

"Wait, Adam? What were you doing with Adam?"

"Getting your Christmas gift."

It took them some seconds to process the information.

"Wait. Why would he have a gift for me?"

"Because he bought one?"

"Why would he do that?"

"If you want to know, you should ask him, not me."

Reyna looked at Frank and could see him clearly curious, but she doubted he would ask anything.

Great, this is a conversation I definitely didn't want to have in front of him.

Why would Adam have a gift for us? He doesn't expect anything back, right?

***

The first half of the flight was filled by a woman in her fifties bragging about how many contests her chihuahua had won. She was clearly annoying all those around her, but her arrogance prevented her to see that. Fed up with her, Sierra stood up so she could grin at the woman who was two rolls behind them – how Sierra got the seat beside Reyna, when she knew it had been sold even before she bought her seat, was a mystery she wasn't sure she wanted to know – and started talking in the sweetest voice.