Chp 2 - Percy's POV

Some minutes later, Percy was pacing in the room, with the ADHD noticing all the details about the room, while kept playing with a pen in his hands.

Okay, so rewind. Your name is Percy Jackson.

Yes.

And you're a demigod, son of the sea god.

Yes.

You kill monsters for living.

Yes, but not because I want to. They don't give me much choice.

Monsters like Hydra...

Which spits acid.

Minotaur...

Which stinks.

... That's it, that's my knowledge of greek monsters. And the Hydra has nothing to do with Captain America?

Seriously?

Ok, moving on. You can control the water.

Yes.

And talk to horses.

And pegasi. And zebras. And hippocampus. As long as it's really close to horses, I can understand. Some of them call me boss. Or lord.

And what is it with the pen again?

My sword morphs into a pen.

Right, the one with the complicated name.

Anaklusmos. You can call it Riptide.

You know that pen you are holding won't turn into a sword?

It calms me.

Whatever floats your boat, buddy.

Hehe. Ok, my turn. Your name is... Peter Johnson.

Yes.

You're a mortal.

Apparently.

You never saw a monster.

I've seen many. One teachs math, the other is the principal, almost everyone in the football team is one too...

I meant the minotaur, hydra, hellhound, canadians...

Canadians are monsters? I always thought they were too polite to be human, but then, I'd expect monsters to be rude, not polite...

What? No, that is not what I meant. There is a specie of monsters that I can't pronounce, so I call them canadians. But the human canadians are okay.

So, maybe aliens? All that politeness is not right.

Back to the track. I'm stuck inside your body.

Yes, controling it, actually. I'm the one stuck in the back of my own mind unable to move even a finger.

And this is your room.

Yes.

And you go to... high school.

Is  that fear I hear in your voice?

Maybe...

Why would you be scared of high school?

I don't have good memories from high school. Or elementary. I was expelled too many times. Too many explosions. Too many monsters.