Chp 133 - Will's POV

A/N: I decided to add the dates, maybe it makes things easier. Let me know in the end if I should do to the next chapters as well.

THURSDAY, 1ST December

How much more?

Will looked at the clock, before sighing in despair.

Two hours. And twenty minutes. Way too long...

Oh my god, why can't school just explodes? I want to go hoooomeee...

Why are you so anxious? I usually suffer more at school than you.

Because it's the first of December!

... Sorry, I don't follow.

It's a thing between me and my mom. We start decorating our house for Christmas today and keep going little by little until the 25TH. Today it's the first day and I'm REALLY excited!

So you are one of those Christmas people.

Are you a Grinch?

I don't hate Christmas, it's just...

Don't you dare say it's 'nothing special' or I'll end you.

SATURDAY, 24TH December

"Will. Will. Wake up, sweetie."

"Hm?"

Will raised his head from the pillow and looked at his mother smiling next to him. He jumped a little when his host screamed.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, CHRITMAS' EVE IS HERE!!

Holy Apollo's chariot, don't scare me like that!

"Rise and shine, sweetie, we need to finish our tree. I'll wait for you downstairs."

***

Following the smell of cinnamon and butter, Will entered the kitchen, where his mother was waiting with a smile.

"Finally! Can you do the dishes while I finish breakfast?"

"Sure."

After they ate what Will guessed was a breakfast made for five, not two people, they moved to the living room, where there was a cardboard box waiting on the coffe table.

What is it? More decorations? I think the tree is already almost full. More of this and it'll crumble from its weight.

No, my dear Grinch. I told you before we always make our own decoration, that we started years ago.

Yes, each of you makes one and hangs the one from the other.

Exactly, and we always do on Christmas Eve. How is your gift for crafting?

***

To Will's surprise, they worked to the sound of classical music and not holiday songs. His time spent in the Arts and Crafts Center of Camp allowed him to make a decent Christmas ball, though it didn't spare him of having glitter and dried glue all over him. Switching with his mother, each searched for the right place to hang it. After that, both left to try and wash away all the glue.

Hurry up, will you?

Do you want me to spend the day with glue still on my hands?

I just want you to finish this and go back to mommy.

Why are you so excited?