Chp 85 - Nico's POV

Nico's Flashback

TUESDAY

Nico was behind an angel with open wings, a stone statue taller than him. For respect, he had cleared all the tombs around him from dried leaves. The gardener and the gravedigger had gave up on asking him to leave, and would just nod and ignore him. He was drumming a song on the ground, when he heard someone approaching. He decided to ignore, still hidden behind the angel, and closed his eyes again. He opened them when he heard the steps a little too close. He knew it was not Hazel, she was not that heavy. Nico took a deep breath and glared at the guy when he appeared behind the stone angel. The guy with the red bandana ignored him and just sat next to Nico, not bothered.

Wait. Isn't he the guy that...

Kicked Skull, yeah. I think so.

Nico waited, but the guy didn't say nothing, just put two paper cups with lid on his side, took a notepad out of his backpack and started to draw, humming a melody under his breath. After two minutes, without taking his eyes from his drawning, the guy handed Nico one of the cups.

"What is this?"

"Cappuccino"

Why would he bring me cappuccino?

Why would he be here?

"What are you doing here?"

The guy shrugged, still drawning.

"Just chilling."

So, out of coincidence, he's 'chilling' right beside us and brought us cappuccino?

Nico raised an eyebrow and his tone was ironic.

"In a cemetery?"

The guy raised his head and asked Nico with a flat tone.

"What are you doing here?"

For a couple of seconds Nico didn't know what to answer, so he just shrugged and turned his head.

"Just chilling."

Half an hour passed. Nico didn't say anything else, and except for a few stolen glances, he didn't pay any attention to his partner at chilling. The guy continued to draw, and after some time pulled out his phone, and put some instrumental songs to play, still humming along. Nico didn't recognize any of those, but they were calming. Nico looked again at the guy before speaking.

"I'm Nanni"

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Niel, in case you forgot"

Right, Niel. I was going crazy trying to remember his name.

Now I'm good at spending time with him. He's good company, he's quiet.

Almost like the deads around us.

Flashback over, back to present

FRIDAY

I don't see her.