Chp 90 - Reyna's POV

MONDAY

Adam raised his hands up.

"Hold up, wait!"

Reyna aimed for his head.

"Regina! Slow down! You're going to hurt yourself this way!"

Keep going!

"Praetor!"

Her title in his voice snapped her back to reality. She felt the shame wash over her for the lack of control she displayed. Adam still had his hands up, keeping his distance from her.

"Please, just take a deep breath. What has gotten into you?"

Reyna accepted his advice and breathed, with her eyes closed, before looking at him again.

"I'm sorry, I lost control."

"I noticed that. What happened?"

He doesn't need to know. It's my problems, not his.

You're so angry, that you made me angry and I almost hurt him. Don't you think he deserves to know why?

Say family problems. He'll stay out of it then.

Really? ADAM?

I can hope, right?

"Family problems. I shouldn't have brought this here."

"Hey, if you want to use me as a punching bag, just a little heads up first."

"I apologize."

"Hey, what kind of family problems are you facing?"

Reyna raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms.

"I already apologized, there's no need to stick your nose into my business."

Adam shrugged and gave her a boyish smile.

"Who knows, maybe I can help."

He landed his right hand on her shoulder.

What's with him and his hobbie of touching me at any opportunity? Boundaries, dude! THIS is my personal bubble!

"Yeah, maybe you can."

Reyna grabbed his arm with her left hand, his shirt with her right hand, raised her right foot to under his arm, before jumping and throwing her left foot to the other side of his head, successfully knocking him down with a flying armbar. She let go and patted his shoulder before getting up.

"Yeah, that helped, thanks for that."

She was still able to hear his pain-laced whisper before she left.

"Anytime."

And that made her smile.

***

It was the fifth time Hilda was calling.

Should I answer?

Not yet. Let her sweat a little more.

***

It was only after dinner that Regina was willing to speak with her sister. Reyna answered the ringing phone.

I'm going to answer this. This is my sister, my problem, my call, ok?

Deal.

"REGINA! Why were you ignoring me?"

"I wasn't ignoring you."

"Really? Then why you didn't answer me the last thirty times I called you?"

"I was busy."

"We both know you're lying."

"Cut the chase, Hilda. Why did you call me?"

"You know why I called you, Regina. I sent you a text saying I was probably not going to be able to spend Christmas with you, you saw it, didn't say anything and ignored me the rest of the day. You told me to cut the chase, you can at least offer me the same courtesy."

"Fine. I get it, Hilda. We're not the closest sister, that do everything together, and we don't need to, I can survive on my own, thank you very much. But Christmas? That's the only date we ALWAYS spend it together, no matter what. And this year you decided you're not coming and tells me with a text?."

"I was busy at the moment to call you."

"And I was busy the rest of the day."

"Regina, don't act like a spoiled brat."

"Don't act like a caring mother, Hilda. You're not either of them."

Their conversation reached an uncomfortable silence. Both were angry, and felt they were right, yet, were too afraid of saying something they would regret.

"Regina... let me speak without interruptions. The reason I won't be able to spend Christmas with you is because I'm changing my way to work."

WHAT? THAT'S HER REASON?

"I know it sounds selfish, so let me continue. I know we're not the closest sisters. And it's partially my fault, just as much as it's yours. That's why I'm moving there, with you."

W-what?

Oh, no.

"I'm going to alternate, traveling here, every fortnight or something, but I'm going to spend much more time with you this way."

NOW she wants to do it? When I'm not myself? Wow, thanks sis, excellent timing!

"When would you move?"

"I WILL move right after New Year. What do you think?"

What do you think?

Well...

"I can't wait. It's going to be... interesting."

Translating, it's going to be a disaster!

Well, we have what, five weeks to prepare ourselves?

Five or six, we need to check. Oh, God, this is a disaster.

No, this is just a minor setback, we'll be good.

How can you think this is not a disaster?

Should I remember you about my life? Or any demigod's? As long as no one dies, not great prophecy fulfill, no end of world in the immediate future, we're good.

(A/N: wow, I just wrote three chapters in less than six hours. I'm kind of proud of myself. And falling asleep on a chair because it's 3am here... I'm off to sleep, who knows if my inspiration hits again tomorrow...)