Chp 132 - Annabeth's POV

A/N: Let's try this again. Hi there, long time no see! AS A COMPENSATION, IT'S ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHAPTERS I'VE EVER WRITTEN, OVER 11K WORDS. Ok, now that the warning about the unusual size is out, I actually have a couple of reasons to why I was away for so long. Athena isn't the easiest character, neither is Annabeth (until you really get in the mood) and I was naïve/optimist enough to add Magnus in the last chapter, even if I had read only 1/3 of his first book. So, I had to find and read all his books before I even attempted to write him. That made me change some things. I'm sorry – not really – for the change, but his mom is still alive. I wanted to give Annabeth (and Magnus) some normal family moments, so I kept his mom alive, or Christmas would be a little awkward. Since it's not his story, but Annabeth's, I will be very superficial about his own life, and how did Blitzen, Hearthstone, Samira, Alex and all the others came to his life. Well, that's it. Enjoy. And please remember I started it before Trials of Apollo, so pretend that never happened.

THURSDAY

She barely heard the knock on the door over the sound of her music before her stepmother entered the room.

"Annie, did you finish with your suitcase?"

Removing her earbuds and sitting up in bed, she adjusted her cat who was lazily laying on her lap, being petted.

"Yes, some time ago. Why are we leaving tonight and not tomorrow morning, anyway?"

Her stepmother sighed from where she was standing and glared over her shoulder, which Annabeth guessed was directed to her father, even if she knew he was outside the house and couldn't see or hear anything happening in her room.

"Because your father can be more stubborn than you and decided he wants to drive tonight."

Do you want to bet we are not going?

Why do you think that?

Because mom is more stubborn than him, and she doesn't want to go.

***

"Ok, kids, you can go to sleep and I will wake you early in the morning to leave."

I told you!

Annabeth hid her smile and turned to her father pretending to be curious.

"Why did you change your mind?"

"I... thought better, and it's for the best if we go tomorrow morning. There is no need to drive at night."

'He' thought better. I don't know why he tries to look as he took this decision by himself, we all know that mom did it.

FRIDAY

"Ouch! Stop that, you little devil!"

Annabeth tried to hold her cat with one hand while kissing the scratch on the other.

Maybe you're hurting him?

I'm not hurting him!

How can you be sure, do you have cats?

As a matter of fact, I do. Actually, my family does, but I interact with them when I go visit them in San Francisco. He just doesn't want to make our life easier and get. In. His. Carrier!

We saved him from a cage, are you really surprised?

What do you want, carry him in our arms inside the car?

Yeah, mom would love that, she's already so happy with our decision.

And cats go crazy inside cars, we read about it.