𝟎𝟐. 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬

vanessa and cody's cars pulled into the parking lot of dodger stadium. the group got out and began to walk in.

"dave roberts is our manager now, he's pretty chill" mookie said trying to be helpful

"i know mookie. he told me i got the job." she replied to his remark. cody and trea laughed at him. normally when mookie did things to try to be useful, they never worked out.

"we usually call him d, i think he likes it" cody said pulling out his phone.

"it makes him feel youthful" trea added. the girl laughed at the boys. as they approached the door, cody grabbed it and held it open for the other 3.

they walked through the halls and brought vanessa to dave's office before heading to the locker room.

"you know i know where to go right? this isn't my first time here" she questioned.

"we know," smiled cody. "we'll leave you to it." the three boys walked off leaving vanessa alone in front of dave's office. she walked in and received a warm welcome from her new boss.

"vanessa! welcome, come sit." he said. she walked into the office and sat in the chair across from his desk.

"thank you mr roberts." the girl smiled.

"please call me d," he added, and put his hand to the side of his mouth. "it makes me feel youthful." the two laughed. "i see you've met a few players already."

"yeah they're great. very welcoming," vanessa commented.

"they're all great kids, especially those three. i learn a lot from them every day."

vanessa knew that the next couple months were really going to be the best of her life.

"boys are taking bp now, let's head down to the dugout and prepare for the game."

the two left and went downstairs into the dugout. the walls were filled with hall of famers and legends. as they entered the dugout, they found a few boys sitting on the bench, chatting.

"what are you boys doing? get out there!" rodgers shouted.

"you must be vanessa! i'm will," he stood up from his seat, putting out his hand.

"hi will,"

"make friends later, go go!" the two boys scrambled off to the field. the two managers sat on the bench and pulled out their clipboards. rodgers gave a few papers to vanessa about the players.

"im leaving you to make the lineup today, gavin has the day, so don't bother putting him in anywhere."

"got it" she said

"ill leave you to it," rogers got up and headed out to his boys on the field.

vanessa started playing around with people and shifting them. soon enough, she was interrupted by a few of her players.

"8th?!" one said, she looked up from her paper, cody of course.

"you'll be fine" she replied.