𝟎𝟑. 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧

cody parked in a parking lot in the center of all the commotion. it was about a 5 minute walk from the restaurant. the four got out of the car and began to walk to the restaurant. there was still some daylight out, but the sun would be setting soon.

when they arrived, there was a long line of people waiting outside.

"you're kidding" vanessa stared at the lengthy line of people coming from the door.

"don't worry, i made a reservation," cody smiled.

"oh, great!" the four went inside and approached the host at the podium.

"reservation for jonathan noonan"

"right this way," he guided them to their table. they sat down cody and vanessa on one side, mookie and trea on the other.

"not everyone watches baseball y'know," vanessa was referring to cody's alias.

"cant risk it, the media loves to distort everything we do." cody replied.

"we stopped 5 times on the way here to talk to fans, i think they know we're here." she snarked.

"i hate you" cody rolled his eyes.

"awe i hate you more" she smiled. the four stared at the menu for a while. each with their own face of confusion. "i'm glad all of us are on the same page that this menu is way too big." vanessa added.

"there's way too many things on here," said mookie.

"i think i know what i want"

"really? shocking," cody questioned. the girl made a face at him.

the waiter came back over and the group ordered their food. as they waited for their food, they made some small talk.

"have you guys ever played the penny game?" asked vanessa the boys looked confused.

"what's the penny game?" trea questioned. vanessa went in her bag and pulled out a few pennies

"put your middle and ring finger down and place your pointer and pinky flat off the side of the table, like this." she showed them and they followed. " now, stay like that." she placed three pennies on the table in an upside down triangle facing her. she pulled back the penny at the top of the triangle and slid it forward to crash info the other 2. they shot out in two separate directions.

"now, to move to the goal, you have to slide the penny through the other to pennys." she slid the one closest to her in between the other two. she continued on this pattern and took a shot at the goal, and made it in. "now you try." vanessa placed her hands over the coins and slid them over to the boy across from her.

he played her little game and took a shot at the goal. he missed. they all laughed at him.

"how did you miss that bro." cody said in between laughs.

"just shut the fuck up ok." trea mumbled.

a few minutes later, their food arrived at the table.

"thank you," vanessa said to the waiter. she looked at her table. "what the fuck, none of you guys have manners??"

"enh, we'll tip extra," cody shrugged.