𝟐𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐭

her long gold dress hung by her sides. vanessa looked beautiful. her long blonde hair was curled down her back. today would be more important than anything she could've imagined.

after talking with trea, the two had agreed to walk the all star red carpet together. where the two would publicly announce a real real relationship between the two. they knew that if the front office had found out by rumors or some other media spectacle, they're relationship would be in much more trouble.

the two looked perfect. they looked perfect for each other. because they simply were.

they had agreed to get ready with freddie and chelsea for the carpet. the freeman's were just as excited as trea and vanessa were, as vanessa had gotten much closer with chelsea over the past months. believe it or not, she was always so real and down to earth. even though she seemed like she was constantly living in a fantasy.

chelsea spent more time getting her kids ready than she did herself. freddie tried to help her, but everytime he did, the kids would immediately get distracted.

the three of them sat in the freeman's living room waiting as chelsea finished up upstairs.

"are you guys nervous?" freddie asked the couple.

"that's a stupid question." vanessa said.

"you guys will be fine. there's way too many people that love you guys for anything to happen. plus, this is the moment twitter has been waiting for." freddie replied.

"we know. it's just a nerve racking thing. i'm sure everything is going to be okay." trea added. vanessa nodded in agreement.

"this could literally change our lives." vanessa said.

"don't worry about it ness. people are gonna talk. but things always work out. worst case you just head to another team." freddie suggested.

"i don't wanna do that!" she answered.

"you won't have to, i'll make sure of it." trea said. chelsea came down the stairs with one child in her arm, and the other two waddling behind her.

"you guys look adorable!" freddie said, picking one up in his arms.

"are we ready to go?" chelsea asked looking at the group. they nodded and headed out to the car. to which vanessa and trea were shocked to find out that the freeman's drove a mini van.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

as they pulled up to the xbox plaza, all they could see was crowds of people surrounding it. they headed in through the back, then into the curtain behind the carpet.

each small group of players from each team would walk out and have their moments with their families. then, the next team would present their players.

after all the american league teams respective players finished up their time on the carpet, the national league would present theirs.

the group of dodgers stood in a cluster together behind the scenes.

"i'm really excited for you two." clayton kershaw said to vanessa, referring to her opening up about her relationship. "this is a huge deal."