𝟔𝟎. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠?

"holy fuck trea." vanessa groaned. "everything hurts. places that don't normally hurt, hurt."

"i had a lot to be mad at you about. i feel better now." he answered

"i'm glad you got it off your chest. or your dick i should say."

"come on, you know you loved it."

"in the moment. not right now."

"you need to run it back?"

"i don't think i physically can." she said, trying to reach for the glass of water on the table. the poor girl could barely move.

"i'm sorry." he apologized.

she sighed, "don't be."

"do you need anything?" he asked, putting his tshirt back on and handing her the one she had on.

"food, food would be nice."

"what do you want?" he said grabbing bryce's keys off the table.

"anything." she said.

"i'll be back in a half an hour. don't move." she didn't plan on it. she wasn't exactly sure if she could.

as he promised, he came back in a half an hour with her favorite in his hands.

"hey," she said as she heard the door shut, still curled up in the same position with a blanket over her. the tv was playing some murder mystery video from youtube.

"i brought you food." he placed a bag on the table by the couch. she smiled as she reached for the chipotle bag.

"thank you." slowly opening it and pulling out her food. he sat down next to her and lifted the blanket to be partially over him.

"feeling any better?" he asked, his voice gentle as he leaned back, letting her rest against him.

she nodded weakly, her eyes fixed on the screen as the video continues playing. the warmth of his body offered some warmth amidst the soreness that seemed to permeate every inch of her.

"was all that really necessary?" she murmured, a hint of playfulness in her voice despite the lingering ache.

   he chuckled softly, his fingers gently tracing circles on her arm. "i had to." she rolled her eyes, but a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips. he leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. 

she closed her eyes, savoring the moment of quiet intimacy. the scent of the food filled the air, and her stomach rumbled in response. 

she glanced up at him, meeting his eyes. "thank you for being here," she said softly, her voice filled with gratitude.

   he smiled, a warmth in his expression that matched the comfort she found in his presence. "don't thank me."

   they fell into a comfortable silence, the only sounds in the room the quiet munching of food and the soft murmur of the television. despite the pain, she felt a sense of peace settle over her. he was there. he was still there.