𝟏𝟗. 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤

with only a few days until the all star break, teams were firing up to finish the first half of the season strong. thankfully for the dodgers, they were hosting the all star game and home run derby. vanessa was beyond excited to meet more players from other teams that the dodgers hadn't played yet.

vanessa woke up one morning with one of the worst headaches she had ever experienced. her throat was killing her. it was their last game before the break, and vanessa really didn't wanna miss it. but judging by her heavy eye bags and temperature of 101, she wasn't going anywhere today.

the day before she had felt like she was getting something, but she ignored it. now, she was really feeling it. annoyed, she grabbed her phone and called dave.

"hello carr, whats up?"

vanessa never called dave, she hated it for some reason.

"hi, i'm not feeling the best today. would it be okay if i took the day off? i don't want to get anyone else sick."

"of course, take your time, and feel better."

"thank you, let me know if there's anything you need me to do from home."

"oh, i actually have something to ask you."

"yes?"

"brian snitker, the braves manager, has asked me to join him in the national league dugout at the all star game. he said you would be welcome to come if that's something you're interested in."

"oh wow! yeah i'd love to!" vanessa was shocked by the offer, "i should be feeling better by then, i'm never sick for too long so."

"great, i'll let him know!"

"thank you."

"alright well, i hope your feeling better. rest up!"

"thank you, i will."

she was beyond excited. this opportunity was huge for her, especially because this was only her first year. but before she could go, she had to start feeling better first.

she rolled out of bed and slipped on her favorite slippers that she had stole from camila. she spent about 10 minutes doing her skincare routine before she received a text from trea.

message from
trea 🌸
________________

trea 🌸
good morning sunshine

ness ☀️
good morning babe

trea 🌸
do you have any plans for this afternoon?

ness ☀️
no, i feel like shit today.

trea 🌸
oh im sorry, are you going to the game tn?

ness ☀️
nope

trea 🌸
okay, hope you feel better love. if you need anything at all just text me.
liked by ness ☀️

she took a quick shower to hopefully make herself feel a bit better. after that she popped a few tylenol and headed downstairs. she made herself a bowl of oatmeal, which was her favorite when she was little. everytime she was sick, she would make some. it always helped her feel at least a little bit better.