𝟏𝟓. 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚

a call from jaylen woke vanessa up much earlier than she wanted to. yet another off day meant enjoying her non baseball life.

"hey ness!"

"hey jay, what's up?"

"can you do me a favor?"

"depends, what would that favor be?"

"i'm going out with sarah tonight, would you take riley for the night? i'll come get her first thing tomorrow morning."

vanessa felt obligated to say yes. she knew that her brother never got to go out with his wife. and an excuse to see her 8 year old niece was always nice.

"if you bring her here, i'm not driving to come and get her." vanessa sighed.

"of course, can i bring her for 4?"

"that's fine."

"thanks again ness, your the best!!"

"i know,"

"love you, see you soon"

"see you"

vanessa sighed as she hung up the phone. not really how she wanted to be spending her night. she really cherished her off days.

she rolled out of bed and slid on her slippers. she threw her hair back into a claw clip and headed downstairs for her daily coffee and bagel.

to her surprise, she was not alone.

"cody?" vanessa rubbed her eyes, "can i ask why your in my house at 8:23 in the morning? without my permission nonetheless."

"good morning!" he replied pouring her a cup of coffee,

she took it from his hand and turned around to see more people in her living room.

"what the fuck going on?"

trea, mookie, and cody we're all lounging around in her house as if it was they're own.

"off day duties- we gotta bother you!" mookie smiled.

"how on earth did you idiots even get in here?"

"trea knows where you keep the spare key."

"trea vance turner!" she yelled at the shortstop

"sorry," trea sipped the coffee in his hand

"i said, 'im telling you where this is for emergency purposes only' and you said 'okay'."

"i don't remember that,"

"of course." vanessa sighed

"you should be thanking us!" cody declared

"for what? being obnoxious?"

"no, for making you breakfast!" cody turned around with a plate of eggs and bacon. she took it from his hands with a confused look.