𝟒𝟖. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲

vanessa's garden was her best friend.

if she had nobody, she had her garden. her garden was there through the thick and the thin of college.

she loved to spend her free time caring and tending to her plants.

although with all the travel she does, it was hard for her to keep up when she was gone. if it had been really dry outside, camila would come over and take care of them. they were essentially divorced parents to vanessa's plants.

she stood behind her house, kneeling down and staring at her landscape.

"it needs something." she muttered to herself.

it didn't need anything. it was honestly one of the most beautify, well taken care of gardens around.

when she was in college, she lived in an apartment outside of campus. it was the worst. she had no yard, which also meant no garden. so she knew that when she got out of college, shed be buying a house immediately.

she didn't really want to go back to new york after school, she just couldn't see herself with a future there.

jaylen had just moved in her last semester of college, so until she could get a house of her own, she stayed there with him and his fiance at the time.

vanessa went inside and grabbed her keys off of the counter and headed out to her car. it didn't take long in her car ride until she received a call from trea.

"hey ness,"

not the normal way to start a conversation for him, "is everything okay?"

"uh yeah? why?"

"you never start with 'hey ness,' "

"what am i supposed to say?"

"hello my most gorgeous and perfect angel, how has your day been going my love?" she mocked him.

"my days been good, how about you?"

"i hate you."

"no you don't."

"what do you want."

"nothing, i was just calling to check in on you."

"really?"

"am i not allowed to call you and make sure you're okay?"

"well i mean i'm pretty capable of living on my own."

"is there a special occasion for the attitude today?"

"excuse you?"

"i'm just saying it like it is."

"are you done?"

"are you done 'hating' me?"

"i'm hanging up with you."

"okay."

"okay. bye."